burn speed graph

kurt

hi , i used 1.0 before and i got no ups and downs in the burnspeed. now i use 1.1 and the speed goes up and down all the time, here is my burn speed graph. is this normal ? please info. thx in advance.

writespeedgraph2ro.png

Edited by kurt

i know the burn speed sampling rate is a lot quicker now so it could be because of this

'Max Speed' is now sampled more frequently to hopefully provide a more accurate value.
Edited by cornholio7

What's your CPU usage like during the burn?

We must have burnt thousands of discs between 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.0 and all our graphs are perfect.

Something tells me the program 'may' not be the problem.

Try updating your firmware, yours seems VERY out of date.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2143

If all the buffers in the program are behaving themselves (i.e. at 100%), the drives WOPC routines must be kicking in big time.

oh do all programs look as messed up as that screenshot because you've changed the default windows font size? That would drive me nuts, I'd rather change resolution down a bit if I couldn't read the text properly!

already said that the speed was 4x. the cpu usage of imgburn is high , the first buffer changes all the time from 100% to 0%. the device-buffer goes all the time up and down. btw do not worry about my font-size , is only in dvdinfo.

thx for your answers. greets kurt.

Are you sure you don't have HDD (DMA) issues then?

Your burner is on USB which rules DMA problems out for that one, but if the main buffer is up and down all the time, maybe your hdd isn't running as it should be.

Quite simply, if the 'Buffer' goes up and down all the time, the program cannot read data from the HDD quickly enough. It should be on 100% (rock solid) all of the time.

So, RIGHT NOW, you can burn with 1.0.0.0 and it works fine, then you load 1.1.0.0 and it burns slowly?

Clearly it's no good comparing something you did last week to something you're doing today.... things change ;)

If you could perform that simple test for me (burn 1 disc straight after the other), it would really help.

Use Test Mode if you like, then you won't be wasting any discs. (Will need to be DVD-R/-RW of course!)

hi , here are 2 more tests. i started with a fesh engine and no other progs in use. only imgburn was running , the cpu-usage is high. the result is better and in the second test almost perfect. but as i said no other prog is running and a fresh engine-start.

test14io.png

test28eg.png

Do you have any 16x discs you can try?

It's hard to tell if weird things are going on if you're only burning at the lowest speed.

With USB, the higher the throughput, the higher the CPU usage. I can't tell if the program is being greedy (it's not for me), or if is just one of those USB short falls. You may find firewire behaves better - if your PC has such a connection.

I do expect dips in the graph though, that's the drive WOPC kicking in at bad bits on the disc - or where it notices the quality isn't quite up to scratch. WOPC also does checks at various points (not quality related), to make sure the burn speed is still ok for that media. These are normally evenly spaced out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.