Problem with img Verify in Ver 1.1.0.0

teddystacker

Have used v 1.0.0 for the day of its release without any problems and have burned and used the verify with many img files..

Just upgraded to ver 1.1.0.0 , now when i burn a .img file , I get the following error message:

"Miscompare at LBA:298, Offset:40

Device: 0x00

Image File: 0x01"

I have checked the DVDs concered and the burns appear to be perfect,also tried different images and different brands of dvd

Edit:Just de-installed ver 1.1.0.0 and re-installed Ver 1.00 , and all is fine on the same .img and brand of dvdr - could I be missing some new setting in the new version? , or is this a bug?

would be very grateful of any advice anyone could give , as to where the problem is?

Edited by teddystacker

The old version didn't compare against a file, it just checked the disc was readable.

Could you please copy + the entire log.

You don't need to burn the disc again or anything, just switch to Verify mode, put in your burnt disc and try again.

Also note, a 3rd party background app could be changing the disc on the fly without you knowing - and hence what my program thinks it is reading from the drive is not actually what's on the disc.

Also note, a 3rd party background app could be changing the disc on the fly without you knowing - and hence what my program thinks it is reading from the drive is not actually what's on the disc.

Thanks for your speedy reply mate..

Here is the full log entry for the disc when in Veridy mode ,as you suggested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 10:46:08 ImgBurn Version 1.1.0.0 started!

I 10:46:08 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:46:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:46:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:46:08 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 10:46:51 Operation Started!

I 10:46:51 Source Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.37 (J:) (ATA)

I 10:46:51 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x)

I 10:46:51 Image File: L:\Treks2\alt.binaries.dvdr\xxx.img

I 10:46:51 Image File Sectors: 1,873,830 (MODE1/2048)

I 10:46:51 Image File Size: 3,837,603,840 bytes

I 10:46:51 Image File Application Identifier: Prassi

I 10:46:51 Image File Implementation Identifier: Prassi

I 10:46:51 Verifying Sectors...

E 10:46:52 Miscompare at LBA: 298, Offset: 40

E 10:46:52 Device: 0x00

E 10:46:52 Image File: 0x01

E 10:46:52 Failed to Verify Sectors!

E 10:47:03 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:11

I 10:47:03 Average Verify Rate: N/A - Maximum Verify Rate: N/A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have taken a note of what you said above , and the only 3rd party App I had running was Slysoft's "Anydvd"

If I disable Anydvd,then all works perfect with Imgburn and no errors as above..

My question now is - Is there any other workaround here,other than having to disable anydvd each time I want to burn with Imgburn?..

I do use Roxio Easy Cd which will write out iso files and do a veryify after the burn,together with anydvd runing without any problems - but I presume this must use different methods of Verify than yours..

Having to disable anydvd each time,is no big deal really,just would have to be nice if I did not have to :-)

Thanks for your help ...

10:46:51 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x)

Get better media GMG MAG causes too many problems, we see it alot .Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks are the best in my opinion and all I use with 100% success :thumbup:

I'm having the same problem with a img file, I tried it three times, 2 x CMC.MAG.AE1 and a Ritek G05 both fail on verify very close to the start. And sure enough when I use RecordNow MAX on a verify ONLY setting - they fail verification near the start. I used DVDD and it burned it to a CMC.MAG.AE1 and verified fine in both DVDD and RecordNow without any problems at all. I've also got AnyDVD installed but rarely use it, I've uninstalled it now and will give it a go when I've got something else ready to burn.

The failed verification discs play fine in my standalones...

The verification is only failing because AnyDVD is changing the contents of the sectors on the fly to remove things like PUO's etc.

You don't need to disable it when you burn, just when you verify - but of course verify generally happens straight after burn so it's best to disable it over the entire process ;)

The verification is only failing because AnyDVD is changing the contents of the sectors on the fly to remove things like PUO's etc.

You don't need to disable it when you burn, just when you verify - but of course verify generally happens straight after burn so it's best to disable it over the entire process ;)

Many thanks for your speedy reply Mate , will just try and get into the habit of switching it off prior to a burn session...

I will probably try to add an option to just have it work like the old version (i.e. just check the sectors are readable, rather than comparing their content to that of the file).

That way, if you're not fussed about comparing to the file, you won't need to mess with AnyDVD each time.

It seems AnyDVD is affecting the burn more than the verify though....with DVDD and AnyDVD on, verify passes on both DVDD and Stomp (Verify only). But the same DVDR burnt with the latest ImgBurn and AnyDVD fails verification in both ImgBurn and Stomp (Verify only). If it was only the verification in ImgBurn that was the problem...why is it also failing verification in Stomp only when the DVD has been burnt with IB?

I will probably try to add an option to just have it work like the old version (i.e. just check the sectors are readable, rather than comparing their content to that of the file).

That way, if you're not fussed about comparing to the file, you won't need to mess with AnyDVD each time.

Edited by Cheatman

Unless Stomp doesn't check the image against the data, it should fail on both of the burnt discs. There is no reason for a disc burnt with ImgBurn to behave any differently to one burnt with DVD Decrypter.

Maybe your image burnt with DVD Dec had already had all the bits removed and so AnyDVD isn't actually doing anything in the way of changing what the drive is reading.

Thanks for thinking to include this,sounds a really good idea ,and would be VERY grateful if you could include it in the next version..

Regards

Teddy

Unless Stomp doesn't check the image against the data, it should fail on both of the burnt discs. There is no reason for a disc burnt with ImgBurn to behave any differently to one burnt with DVD Decrypter.

Maybe your image burnt with DVD Dec had already had all the bits removed and so AnyDVD isn't actually doing anything in the way of changing what the drive is reading.

It was the exact same image (.img) though I tried several times with ImgBurn and it kept failing the verify at the start, I closed ImgBurn and tried DVDD it it worked straight off (All discs burnt with AnyDVD ON). I've never had anything fail verify in Stomp before...well apart from a batch of gen1 Princo dvdrs several years ago.

I've uninstalled AnyDVD now anyway so hopefully won't be a problem for me anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.