whats better winnaspi32.dll or spti?

nycjv321

in imgburn settings it allows u to change the I/O interfaces? i know its how imgburn gets to interact with the dvd/cd rw device but which is preferred winnaspi32.dll or spti or the others listed in settings? another question my dvd rw device says it can burn lightscribe dvd dual layer (-r or +r doesnt matter) disks are they even manufactured ATM? if so were?

Edited by nycjv321

Default Is SPTI for XP,2000, probs 2003 not sure about Vista.

I prefer to leave it at default, have used wnaspii32 b4 with no problems and Elby one.

Media does not seem to be outhere yet.

You need to have admin access to use SPTI, Differences would be best left to an expert to detail.

or try google or this link http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive...php/t19362.html

or to quote another Expert when asked a similar question in the past.

LIGHTNING UK!1st September 2002, 01:53

The speed is really down to the driver itself. There is no difference between the each implementation so far as my code is concerned.

The most stable, I guess is ASPI....but you'd expect that coz its been around the longest.

SPTI has a couple of problems which I hope I have fixed in 3.1.3.0.

ElbyCDIO should be sweet too though.

SPTI is only available in the Windows NT family (NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista) and needs an account with administrator rights to work.

You should only use ASPI if your account doesn't have administrator rights, if you're using Windows 9X/ME or, maybe, if you're using ImgBurn in an emulated environment, like Wine, VMWare, QEMU, etc.

Overall both have the same speed and they don't interfere with the burn quality. In fact, ImgBurn itself doesn't interfere with burn quality: that's entirely up to your burner and media combination.

• 1 year later...

The default is SPTI and works best for most people. Unless you can't use SPTI for some reason, you don't need to use any of the other ones :thumbup:

If you're having problems burning stuff, please start a new thread describing the problems and posting a recent log from a burn :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.