Device Not Ready(medium not present)

MrSmoothie

HI I just got imgburn and I followed the steps on how to burn with imgburn, but it doesnt allow me to press the write button and the bottom says Device Not Ready (medium not present).. i am using a dvd -R disc and my drive is a dvd/cd burning drive....so what am i doing wrong? King Kong is a long movie. Is it because my disc is not dual layer? or what? :'(

Your drive doesn't support the discs you're using.

It thinks there isn't one in the drive.

Are you sure your drive burns DVDs and not just reads them?

Look in the log window, what does it say about the drives it found?

Does it say DVDROM/CDRW? or does it say DVD+-RW etc?

wow that was a real fast reply.....heres my log

I 05:16:12 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 05:16:12 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 05:16:12 Total Physical Memory: 514,480 KB - Available: 189,252 KB

I 05:16:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 05:16:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 05:16:13 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

the guy i bought my laptop from said its a dvd and cd burner....ive burnt cds and ive watched movies on it...does this log say it burns dvds?

I 05:16:13 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

the guy i bought my laptop from said its a dvd and cd burner....ive burnt cds and ive watched movies on it...does this log say it burns dvds?

he's had you over then im afraid. its only a dvd reader and not a dvd writer

although it can write cd's

Well.....damn...lol I would have never known that. Thank you guys for your support. well Im glad I only paid 200 for this thing. Now I need to find a dvd burner for my gateway laptop. Any suggestions?

since its a laptop you would be better off with a burner in an external inclosure hooked to the laptop with a USB cable, you could put any burner in an inclosure the Pioneer 112 or 111d are good drives

Google external dvd burners and external dvd burner inclosures to give you an idea :thumbup:

I have about 60 bucks to my name right now. I've never taken apart a laptop. I changed the hard disk drive in a desktop though. I think ill go with the external with inclosure. i cant thank you enough for your knowledge. well have a nice day.....oh by the way if anyones interested i do make some beats in my spare time. if you want to hear them i have myspace.com/drestudiomusic and soundclick.com/floydblack. Later.

Can I use USB 2.0 with the regular USB outlet on my laptop?

Edited by MrSmoothie

hmm i just tried to run that but it says its not a valid win32 application. btw what does ISF stand for?

Edited by MrSmoothie

hmm i just tried to run that but it says its not a valid win32 application. btw what does ISF stand for?

In this forum ISF means ImgBurn Support Forum, which is the title of the board.

About the program, try downloading again, all the files are OK.

ok its working now....hey i clicked happy and its trying to scan neighborhood, what does that mean, and should i allow it internet access is it safe?

ok its working now....hey i clicked happy and its trying to scan neighborhood, what does that mean, and should i allow it internet access is it safe?

That program shows just about anything you'd want to know about your computer, so it does scan devices, networks, etc., and, by default, it checks for new versions on startup over the Internet.

ok i have usb on my list.... it says USB 1: supported

USB 2: supported so i guess im good then ....ty man. i really appreciate it.

Edited by MrSmoothie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.