queue with multiple burners

ehk

As far as I have been able to determine, the queue function does not allow you to specify the drive that will be used for burning nor can you set in advance whether the ISO image will be deleted after the burn. In my neck of the woods (Tokyo) decent DVD burners can be bought for 40 quid or less and the price is dropping steadily. I would like to be able to do something such as have a queue that would

1.iso to drive 1 with a specific parameter set

2.iso to drive 2 with a specific parameter set

N.iso to drive N with a specific parameter set

where N is something around 4 and all of this to happen after I have gone off to work and my home machine can be tied up burning images.

As far as I have been able to determine (perhaps I've missed something), the current queue system is simply a batch system for a single drive. This does not strike me as particularly useful. Am I missing something?

EHK

Not useful to you perhaps but not everyone works how you do. You should be thankful it has any sort of queuing system, it is FREE remember!

Adding support for multiple drives etc is something I'd already thought about and will probably be added in a future version.

No, that kind of logic is too difficult to implement (to be 100% perfect anyway). It's often also a case of what works for 1 person isn't right for another. I have to draw the line somewhere with these things or it complicates the program beyond what's really needed.

Clearly it wouldn't cause any harm reinserting that already burnt disc - because it wont be writable.

For rewritables, you actually need to click the Ok button before it'll accept them. Oh, that is unless you have 'Eject After Write' enabled, in which case it doesn't expect the user to be stupid enough to put the same disc back in - unless it's done intentionally ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.