Invalid or unsupported file format

dano_61

Hello

I just downloaded Imgburn and i am getting two messages when i am trying to burn

Invalid or unsupported file format and disk needs formating, here is error log

I 16:17:13 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 16:17:13 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 1)

W 16:17:13 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB

I 16:17:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:17:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:17:14 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW/RAM!

Dan

'Invalid or unsupported file format' - This means exactly what it says. The file isn't supported. That's either because ImgBurn simply doesn't understand it, or because it's full of rubbish that shouldn't be in there (or stuff that should be in there isn't).

It says 'Ready (Disc Needs Formatting)' yeah? So when you start the burn (once you've got a good image), the program will automatically format the media and then burn. ImgBurn only formats DVD+RW and BD-RE discs, and as you don't appear to have a BD drive, I'm guessing it's a DVD+RW disc.

You should also update to the latest version, you're a few behind now.

Well that's why you can't load it then!

ImgBurn (for the most part) burns ISO images.

Well, at least that's all the 'Write' mode does.

If you want to burn a random file(s) to a disc (remembering that ImgBurn DOESN'T convert anything), use 'Build' mode.

Read the Guides forum if you get stuck.

Are you trying to burn something other than an iso image using "write" mode? If so, try using build mode to create an image either to hard drive or on the fly to the disc. Write mode only supports writing image files.

[edit] I thought for once I would be able to answer one of these first.... I guess I need to type fast around here!

Edited by necrocracker

• 1 month later...
Are you trying to burn something other than an iso image using "write" mode? If so, try using build mode to create an image either to hard drive or on the fly to the disc. Write mode only supports writing image files.

[edit] I thought for once I would be able to answer one of these first.... I guess I need to type fast around here!

hi guys. this may be a ridiculously stupid thing, but I'm in the same situation as this person. All I want to do - and it seems like it's ridiculously hard to achieve - is to burn some .avi's and .wmv's that are clogging up my hard drive, and put them onto a DVD for storage. I'm starting to gather that most burning software seems to record something called image files. Is it possible for me to just burn my stuff straight onto a DVD?

any help would be gratefully received.

hi guys. this may be a ridiculously stupid thing, but I'm in the same situation as this person. All I want to do - and it seems like it's ridiculously hard to achieve - is to burn some .avi's and .wmv's that are clogging up my hard drive, and put them onto a DVD for storage. I'm starting to gather that most burning software seems to record something called image files. Is it possible for me to just burn my stuff straight onto a DVD?

any help would be gratefully received.

Use ImgBurn's Build mode :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.