Burning a DVD for play in a stand alone

mwja627

1394 is a little faster than usb2, although the average you get from the particular tests we did should be left to go all the way till end of drive and verify complete (yeah i know would have taken a long time in your case as you got a 200 gig hd) to get proper average, as mine in first few minutes of test are higher than the full verify log I posted.

I witnessed my drive going below 30,000 on full test yet it started at 39,000+ etc

forgot to add, depends on the 1394 chip as well as hard drive in question as some are better than others.

My firewire I tested an hour ago on a Soundblaster Audigy 2 plat card and an old samsung spinpoint 160 gig only managed 33,000 avg and max of about the same, using usb 2 it was just a tad bit faster but still only 33-34 meg avg and max so really no difference both interfaces performed equally not as good as the other drive I tested earlier.

I prefer usb2 as I get lots of connector's/ ports etc.

• 1 month later...

Good Forum,

I had to post to say thanks for helping me with this problem as well.

I had the same problem until I saw this post.

The DVD played in PCs but not on StandAlone DVD players

I noticed in a reply that the VIDEO_TS folder was in all caps and I put it in lower case. I also noticed on the orignal post that the "video_ts" folder was in lower case. I changed the folder to all upper case and the the DVD will play on PC and in a StandAlone player.

Silly mistake, but I made a huge difference.

jerr

I thought ImgBurn would automatically convert the VIDEO_TS folder and all of its contents to uppercase names.

Maybe this could be implemented for the next version? :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.