Burning MPEGS to dvd & compression with IMAGEBURN??!

TRAVELMAN

:) Hi all,

Thanks for all the help so far!

Can you tell me if it's possible to burn downloaded MPEG movies (up to 699kb) & compress them to DVD with imageburn? If not-can any of the experts on here reccomend a good freeware programme to do this?

Sorry if this seems a thick question but I'm still learning(!)

Chris

Can you tell me if it's possible to burn downloaded MPEG movies (up to 699kb) & compress them to DVD with imageburn?

No.

If not-can any of the experts on here reccomend a good freeware programme to do this?

Assuming you mean non-copyrighted works, you'll first need to convert your MPEG/AVI to DVD format and then convert the resulting files to an ISO image to be burned with ImgBurn.

For converting mpeg/avi to DVD grab "VSO DIVXtoDVD" (make sure you download the OLD free version) - http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=vso_DivXtoDVD

For converting DVD files to an ISO image you'll need ImgTool (make sure you download the CLASSIC version) - http://www.coujo.de

:santa: Thanks!

Only problem I have now is that when I go to IMAGETOOL it won't let me open as I don't have NERO! I know you can change the burn options so IMAGEBURN is the default but you have to get in 1st & without NERO you can't do this! Tried to download a nero 'trial' version but it just says 'invalid serial number' during the instilation process-don't understand this at all!

Are there any other freeware progs that do the same as IMAGETOOL but you can use IMAGEBURN?

Thanks & sorry (!)

Chris

Did you download the ImgTool Classic 0.91.6 version as indicated by Shamus (or accidentally downloaded ImgTool Burn 1.2.1 instead) ?

I'm guessing the latter, so try going back and getting ImgTool Classic 0.91.6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.