Happy 40th Kirk1701 !!

lfcrule1972

:D 40...Happy Birthday Kirk...

Taurus

The Myth:

Taurean people are supposed to be stubborn, slow and stroppy. Legend has it that they are fond of their food and fond too, of indulging other "appetites". A further suggestion is that those born under the Bull are keenly acquisitive. It is said that they can't get enough of the finer things in life and that they always get whatever we want.

The Truth:

Taureans are perfectly capable of adapting, adjusting and adopting an easygoing demeanour. They are sensual people with an ability to appreciate quality and value but it is most unfair to call them materialistic. Few and far between are the selfish Taureans - or the ones who are interested only in money. To the contrary, most are highly idealistic. They want their own lives - and the lives of those they care for, to be the best that they can possibly be - and they will stop at nothing to achieve this. It is only, really, in this respect that Taureans can be fixed, resolute and deeply determined.

The Key To Success:

If you are a Taurean, you should be aware that your greatest asset is your instinctive sense of justice. You can recognise a rip-off at a thousand paces and you can always find what's fair. When you trust this, you are unerringly guided towards the right type of creative inspiration, the best sort of worldly ambition and the cleverest kind of friendship. All you ever need to do, to get on in life, is trust the natural good judgement that you sometimes feel inclined to ignore.

Since LFC has stolen my gif (again), I'll just say Happy Birthday kirk.

LFC - At least you now have the good graces not to leech the DD server for the HB gif. =))

Regards

Thanks guys.

The day is starting out right! My only student to my class called and canceled so I don't even have to go in today ;)

So, going to spend it working on a bed I'm building

:lol: Ok well it's really your 38th birthday but hope you have a great day !

happybdaynq2.gif

Thanks for the reminder LFC, I was going to say your were pushing the age barrier there for a second :lol:

Happy birthday you old fart!!! Mind you im only two months behind you! =))

:drinks::beer2::drunk::happybday:

Yea, the big 4-0 is creaping up fast, but I think I'm more affraid of what my sister is going to do that year then I am of turning 40 :'(

See, when she turned 40, I sent her a 8X12 of her when she weighted 200 Lbs with a box of chocolates =))

Now the funny part was, the pic was just for jokes but, my dumb ass forget to address the package "ATTENTION TO: Sisters name" so the package went to the shipping and receiving dept and was opened there :shifty: so, she was the last one in the office to get the package of her big fat butt =))

That was 10 years ago, she turns 50 this fall and I have not decided yet what I'm going to surprise her with. More chocolates or a Tobie Keith look alike (her favorite country star) showing up at work singing happy birthday :shifty:

Happy birthday.

julli-bday.gif

(Scary how close 40's getting, ain't it?)

Yikes! julli-wallbash.gif Hope you've got an understanding sister.

I'll be 37 this year but the "0" birthdays have never really bothered me. For some reason turning 26 did. For some reason it felt as tho' I was crossing some threshold of my own.

The odd things is how, suddenly, everthing seems to be 20 years ago. Next year, 20th high school reunion (do our British cousins do that? I wonder...), last 20th anniversary of the Challenger accident. As Indiana Jones said, "It ain't the years, it's the mileage."

Our generation was in such a bloody hurry to grow up. I keep thinking of that line in Ferris Bueller's Day Off: "If you don't take time to smell the roses"... We haven't spent a lot of time doing that, have we?

Again, have a good one. julli-thumbup2.gif

Yea, the big 4-0 is creaping up fast, but I think I'm more affraid of what my sister is going to do that year then I am of turning 40 :'(

See, when she turned 40, I sent her a 8X12 of her when she weighted 200 Lbs with a box of chocolates =))

Now the funny part was, the pic was just for jokes but, my dumb ass forget to address the package "ATTENTION TO: Sisters name" so the package went to the shipping and receiving dept and was opened there :shifty: so, she was the last one in the office to get the package of her big fat butt =))

That was 10 years ago, she turns 50 this fall and I have not decided yet what I'm going to surprise her with. More chocolates or a Tobie Keith look alike (her favorite country star) showing up at work singing happy birthday :shifty:

Happy birthday.

julli-bday.gif

Actually, I was about 2,000 miles away from her when it happened thank god =))

Her in Pennsylvania and I was in California so opposite sides of the country was a good thing!!!

On the reunioun front, yea I got a card last fall to sign up here https://www.reunited.com/login.asp from my high school in Miami, Fl.

Looks like my 20th is this summer :rolleyes: and for the life of me I don't know how they found me :blink: since 87 I've mooved 7 times and 7 different states.

When I think back to when I was a kid, certain things spring to mind

1. Saturday afternnoon Matinee was $1

2. Postage stamps 15 cents

3. gallon of gas was 50 cents and then along came carter :wacko:

4. Alabama Crimson Tide creaming Penn State every year. Bear Bryant RIP...

5. NY Yankees winning the series every year :shifty:

6. Chicago Cubs gets close to winning and then an earthquick hits SanFran :angry:

Yikes! julli-wallbash.gif Hope you've got an understanding sister.

I'll be 37 this year but the "0" birthdays have never really bothered me. For some reason turning 26 did. For some reason it felt as tho' I was crossing some threshold of my own.

The odd things is how, suddenly, everthing seems to be 20 years ago. Next year, 20th high school reunion (do our British cousins do that? I wonder...), last 20th anniversary of the Challenger accident. As Indiana Jones said, "It ain't the years, it's the mileage."

Our generation was in such a bloody hurry to grow up. I keep thinking of that line in Ferris Bueller's Day Off: "If you don't take time to smell the roses"... We haven't spent a lot of time doing that, have we?

Again, have a good one. julli-thumbup2.gif

Happy birthday.

julli-bday.gif

Happy birthday Kirk :thumbup: why not celebrate by moving the neighbours property markers >_<

Which reminds me, I got to update that thread with todays developments :unsure:

I remember .50 a gallon gas (and 25 cent candy bars).

Funny thing is, factor in inflation, and we're actually paying less for gas now than we were paying under that cowardly, utter failure of a President (one helluva of a kisser of dictator's asses; if there were a Nobel prize for sucking up to mass murderers and oppressors of freedom, ol' Jimmy would win hands down).

My parents first house cost $18K (the average price of a car is now over $20K). Their second house (the one they nearly lost during the Carter Depression) cost $44K. Both single family (first one was an R2 lot). 3.5 yrs ago we bought this town house--3BR unit of a triplex--for $149,500.

Also, next time you happen to watch Diehard, look for the scene with the cop at the gas station. The price on the AM/PM Minimart sign? .75 a gallon!--in 1987. (Thank you, Reynaldus Magnus.)

Even God hates the Cubs--and no wonder! During the '84 pennett match, their Neanderthal fans threatened and harassed my 70 years old grandfather. Watching the Padres (specifically Garvey's gorgeous triple) smash the Cubs "dream" was one of the sweetest moments* in sports history... I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Cub-hater. Not much to do with the team; as with Dallas, it's the fans (most, but not all--of course). Growing up in San Diego, it goes without saying that I'm a Raider-hater.

(*Watching the Chargers lose to the 49ers in '94, not so sweet; guess it balances out.)

Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.