ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Why use such a small buffer size as default?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mlg

mlg

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

I just realized that the default buffer size for ImgBurn is only a mere 20MB. When writing at 16x youll get a buffer underrun by simply opening Firefox (if you keep your programs and images on the same drive and its not one of those super-fast oh-so-fancy drives that costs a whooping 10 Euros more youve got in your computer. ;) :rolleyes: ).

I think raising the defaults a bit would be a good idea. Or even better, make the program check how much RAM is available and set the buffer size automatically. Just a suggestion though. :)

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

That's why they invented zeroloss linking ;)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 mlg

mlg

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:57 AM

There are really 0 hits when doing a google search for "zeroloss linking" ;) but Im guessing youre refering to these system(s?) that makes the drive able to continue writing after a buffer underrun?

On my NEC 3540A it really doesnt work as good as it should do. For a while ago I should make 100 copies of two discs. I put one of the images on my raid array and one on my way too slow system drive. I got only one coaster from the copy I put on the raid array while I had 5 coasters from the image I put on the system drive.

And another reason is that it acctually takes longer time to write with buffer underruns. Not much longer, but still, a couple of secounds. :whistling:

#4 zacoz

zacoz

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

There are really 0 hits when doing a google search for "zeroloss linking" ;)

Yeah, but 59 hits for the alternative that Google suggests right at the top of the page "zero loss linking"
Cheers............ZacOz
Posted Image
Got a problem, then please post the log (Help --> ImgBurn Logs...). It's got lots of really important info in it - fancy that.
Please, Please, Please use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs - it'll save you heaps of problems.
Get the good oil on the media to buy - straight from The Man himself.
Yes we normally don't like reading instructions either, but the GUIDES are REALLY GOOD and have lots of helpful pictures if words frighten you.
And finally, just in case you've been living under a rock, we don't discuss pirated content, DVDDecrypter, or copying protected discs (whether legal in your country or not) - and we may respond sarcastically if you try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users