Why use such a small buffer size as default?

mlg

I just realized that the default buffer size for ImgBurn is only a mere 20MB. When writing at 16x youll get a buffer underrun by simply opening Firefox (if you keep your programs and images on the same drive and its not one of those super-fast oh-so-fancy drives that costs a whooping 10 Euros more youve got in your computer. ;):rolleyes: ).

I think raising the defaults a bit would be a good idea. Or even better, make the program check how much RAM is available and set the buffer size automatically. Just a suggestion though. :)

There are really 0 hits when doing a google search for "zeroloss linking" ;) but Im guessing youre refering to these system(s?) that makes the drive able to continue writing after a buffer underrun?

On my NEC 3540A it really doesnt work as good as it should do. For a while ago I should make 100 copies of two discs. I put one of the images on my raid array and one on my way too slow system drive. I got only one coaster from the copy I put on the raid array while I had 5 coasters from the image I put on the system drive.

And another reason is that it acctually takes longer time to write with buffer underruns. Not much longer, but still, a couple of secounds. :whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.