Verifying After Write?

mpm166

I always like to verify discs after I burn them. I have the verify option selected in ImgBurn.

After burning a disc, the tray will cycle before verifying, however the message "Waiting for device to become ready" will remain. It will only start verifying once I manually cycle the tray again. I cannot figure out why this is happening. This is extremely inconvenient having to return to my computer to verify everytime when I have a lot of discs I need to burn.

Anyone have any suggestions to get the verification started up automatically?

The drive is having trouble reading the disk again, I would say. Unticking that option is dangerous as it doesn't show the disk can be read.

Can we see a log please?

Regards

Depending on what you mean here exactly, it could be 1 of 2 things.

Either the 'close tray' command is failing (and so the tray stays open), or the drive just isn't able to initialise the disc after that first cycle.

If it's the first option, press F8 before you do your next burn - or rather, just before it finishes the burn so the program will log the commands sent to open / close the drive tray.

That should show me why it's failing. Post the log when you have it.

If it's the second option, tell me exatly what it says in the statusbar once the program has ejected / reinserted the tray, and yet is still saying 'waiting for device to become ready...' in the log.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.