question about Layer Break message

paulg

Recode is slightly quicker than it's cousin for me....a typical encode time only takes around 15-20 minutes. Of course it always depends on the file size and any quality options used.

Crikey Altercuno, you'd go bananas with a real MPEG2 encoder like Procoder or CCE. Might take you all week to do a movie. :D

And LFC, I am sure that is an old version that they gave away as a promo.

Regards

Can't figure that program out. Some people , like Loco say 20mins, others say hours.

I was trying it with one of the free encoders just to see what it was like.

I'm already bananas blu, its only posting on here keeps me sane...

Let's just clarify a few things as we seem to have strayed off the original question. In plain and simple terms? Yes? Alrighty then...

*Patented Shamus Speak© engaged*

Firstly, the position of the layer break won't make a rats arse of difference if you're going to compress the DVD with Ner0 Recode or any other compression software. It just doesn't matter. As soon as you compress the source files, all the worrying about layer breaks goes out the window. If you decide to do a 1:1 backup (picking any of the available layer break options) you're going to be hard pressed to notice the difference between them when you play the DVD in your standard DVD player. Experts and philosophers might care about it but those of us at the bottom end of the gene pool just don't care. A 3 millisecond delay when changing layers just isn't worth worrying about.

Secondly, (and most importantly) we know the answers to many of the questions that you have. The problem is that we're not allowed to tell you. If you have a quick look around the internet you'll see that many forums like this one are removing links to software that removes copyright protection or alters copyrighted video content. Others sites have stopped hosting the programs themselves for fear of being sued. This forum, like many others, cannot support or even discuss such software. These are the conditions laid down by the forum administrators and they will be adhered to. We'd like to help you (and others) more but we can't. It's that simple.

Can't figure that program out. Some people , like Loco say 20mins, others say hours.

I was trying it with one of the free encoders just to see what it was like.

I'm already bananas blu, its only posting on here keeps me sane...

You aren't confusing REcode with REbuilder are you?

@paulq

I think I know who you are and just cos certain forums have closed on Digital Digest due to legal issues doesn't mean that the programs you have been using to shrink your DVD are now gone - just the support at that particular forum.

Continue to use the shrinking programs as you have in the past. If you have an issue with a burn and ImgBurn in particular, please report it here. However, issues related to ripping and shrinking DVDs will need to be discussed elsewhere.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.