3 coasters with vebatim

dialupsux

Burn goes fine till it finalizes to 2% then device starts clicking and i get error

I 18:15:20 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 18:15:20 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:15:20 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,048 KB - Available: 681,348 KB

I 18:15:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:15:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:15:20 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

You've got an old drive, and those are pretty new 8X DL discs, that may be the problem. Latest firmware for that drive is a couple years old (as far as I could tell), much older than the media.

I have a sony dru-830a brand new (cant remember why I bought it)

If I install it do I have to Install the Software that came with it ? I hate proprietary software with a passion .

Why do I think having 2 burners installed at the same time wont work?

Are sata dvd devices really better than eide , my hard drives are sata.

Just a few of the many questions floating around my brain after a hot day outside.

Sorry for the rambling patter

The Sony drive you mention it may be brand new to you but if you have never used it and say bought it a couple of years ago, chances are Sony gave up on the firmware after a certain revision and basically said to you tough luck buy a newer model if you want the writer to support all the latest media/dye etc.

The drive you have might be one of their newer ones, I lost interest in Sony burners after 2.1a for my dru 500

I have a sony dru-830a brand new (cant remember why I bought it)

If I install it do I have to Install the Software that came with it ? I hate proprietary software with a passion .

No. It's just another device that Windows has already installed the drivers for.

Why do I think having 2 burners installed at the same time wont work?

I don't know. It'll work fine.

Are sata dvd devices really better than eide , my hard drives are sata.

Dunno. Never used one as I'd rather have harddrives running off sata than optical drives.

Please note my disclaimer.

I wouldn't waste my money on one anywhooooo. Save a buck or two and buy from who is really making the drive, it's like buying a premium branded Plextor made by BenQ for $100...just buy the BenQ for $40. Same goes for the Sony drive, I think they were going for around $80 locally or at Sony's online store or you could just go to Newegg and get a Sammy for $40.

Holding up a bottle of bleach no doubt.

Dunno. It's around here somewhere. I think it's almost time to get another skip bin and toss out some of the computer stuff that just seems to accumulate. I filled a 6 cubic metre skip with computer crap last time I did a clean up. =))

New Burner - No Problems

I 11:54:59 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 11:54:59 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:54:59 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,048 KB - Available: 710,684 KB

I 11:54:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:54:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:54:59 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.