Use imgburn to burn existing vob files?

jerol

An actor client loaned me his "garage-shop created" demo reel dvd to add videos to his web site. He wants me to make a copy and return his. It plays about 15 min fading from one of his scenes into another for 10 short scenes from various films. It consists of 1 VIDEO_TS folder holding 7 vob, bup, and ifo files, of which the large vob is 667MB.

On my Win XP-pro PC, can I just use Windows Explorer to copy the Video_TS folder and files to my hard drive, then use imgburn to burn them to a blank dvd? I don't want to convert, shrink, or codec anything - I just want to make an exact copy in the same format.

(Later I"ll worry about conversion into Internet-friendly formats).

Thanks.

Use ImgBurn in Read mode to make an ISO image from that DVD, then switch to Write mode to burn that ISO image to another DVD. This creates a perfect copy of the original DVD.

Use ImgBurn in Read mode to make an ISO image from that DVD, then switch to Write mode to burn that ISO image to another DVD. This creates a perfect copy of the original DVD.

Thank you kindly. Regards, Jerol

hi. this is exactly what i've been dealing with. Imgburn is great especially when burning an ISO file. i also have windows xp. i know how to use the read and then write mode, however most of my videos need to be shrunk. i have shrnk 3.2 n that works beautifully. it creates ISO files. i also have 1click but it doesn't create ISO files. it creates the VIDEO_TS folder w/the vob,bup,and ifo files. i've converted this into an ISO file using Imgburn 1 time but it takes too long. anything i can do to save the copy using 1click as an ISO? if not what's the fastest way 2 convert into an ISO file using IMgburn. lastly if 1click can't make ISO file what freeware or other software can u recommend i use to shrnk and create ISO files.

We don't give advice on 1-click Copy. But really, does making the ISO in build mode take so long? On my machine, it takes 2 minutes to make a 4.3Gb ISO from a VIDEO_TS folder.

Further, in build mode, you don't need to make an ISO at all. JUst select the VIDEO_TS folder and away you go. See the guides.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.