Silent Install

Hijacker

I've searched the forum and /s switch should silently install ImbBurn, but using the latest version of setup exe, doesn't seem to work. Looking on NSIS homepage it says that this has to be enabled from author of installation.

Can someone please let me know if there is another way to silently install IMGBurn (we switched to Novell ZenWorks :thumbup: ).

Thanks.

I'm afraid not, no.

I don't know how to make use of additional CLI switches to get info into my script.

If you're doing this for a company, why not just stick the exe (plus other files) in a network location? Then you only need to update it in one place.

You could also make a simple MSI for it and push it out that way.

• 10 months later...
I'm afraid not, no.

I don't know how to make use of additional CLI switches to get info into my script.

If you're doing this for a company, why not just stick the exe (plus other files) in a network location? Then you only need to update it in one place.

You could also make a simple MSI for it and push it out that way.

I found a solution for this silent-install problem.

1. Install the ImgBurn in normal manually mode, handmade :) Disable Quick Launcher Icon, or/and Desktop Icon.

2. Download and install language file

3. Start program, set up your settings, sounds, language, and any other that you want

4. Quit from ImgBurn and start regedit application

5. Search My Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ImgBurn, right click on this, and export to file e.g. "settings.reg". This file contains all settings of ImgBurn, and yes, this key contains the installer's options !!!

6. I use AutoIt scripting tool for make a silent installer. I use this script:

;Copy default settings to registry
RunWait( @WindowsDir & "\regedit.exe /S settings.reg", @ScriptDir)

;Setup
RunWait( @ScriptDir & "\SetupImgBurn_2.4.1.0.exe /S")

;Copy hungarian language file
FileCopy( @ScriptDir & "\hungarian.lng", @ProgramFilesDir & "\ImgBurn\Languages\", 9)

In first step, this script copy the saved registry keys to the computer's registry database. Then start the setup program in silent mode, and now the setup program can read the installation options from registry database. Third step is an extra option, copy language file... :)

AutoIt is a free application, and it can makes the exe file. :thumbup:

post-12184-1210614784_thumb.jpg

silent_install.exe

Ah that's clever!

Lucky I made the installer save and read the previously selected options from the registry key!

You should be careful when pushing out settings though, it's best to just import the ones you actually NEED to change and let the program configure the others.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.