Burning Xbox 360 games?

dugarry

I'm trying to burn an Xbox 360 game using ImgBurn. I have WinRarred to get an .ISO file and am now trying to burn that but i get the error 'W 23:26:26 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format'. I get this error when manually entering the layer break and using an automatic one. I am sure my drive is DL compatible. Any ideas where i am going wrong?

Thanks

Your drive doesn't support that specific brand/dye of media you're using, so look for firmware updates for your burner.

Also, use only Verbatim DVD+R DLs, as they're the only good ones, and burn at 2.4x for best results.

Your drive doesn't support that specific brand/dye of media you're using, so look for firmware updates for your burner.

Also, use only Verbatim DVD+R DLs, as they're the only good ones, and burn at 2.4x for best results.

Where's the best place to find firmware updates for the NEC 3500 AG i think it is. Even if i don't update the formware, do you think it'll work with verbatims?

Thanks

Where's the best place to find firmware updates for the NEC 3500 AG i think it is. Even if i don't update the formware, do you think it'll work with verbatims?

In ImgBurn, go to Tools/Drive/Check For Firmware Updates. If it's indeed a NEC ND-3500AG then the latest firmware available is 2.1B.

And yes, if you use Verbatim DVD+R DLs it'll probably work without a firmware update, as this media has been around long enough that even the first dual-layer burners already supported it. It is a good practice to use the latest firmware, as it adds both write strategies for new media and better write strategies for older media.

Also, don't forget to booktype to DVD-ROM before burning :)

dugarry, ........ Img> tools> drive> check for firmware updates. This will automatically take you to any firmware updates for your drive while also showing you its current firmware. :) You could also check the manufactures website as well.

Thanks alot fellas, i'll give that a try, can you tell me how to book type to DVD ROM, sorry i'm a real noob!

Also, the NEC.de website doesn't seem to be working so every time i click to upgrade firmware to 2.1B the page just says 'Cannot find server'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.