DVD Dcrypter-ImgBurn

wildebill

Used DVDDcrypter for so long cannot let go sorry it was shut down. Call me sentimental I still use it and always works for me to date. Will ImgBurn Co-exist with Decrypter or do I have to trash it. I know, why keep old after you get new (My Wife she is comfortable Nuf Said) :bye:

They will happily co-exist.

As for why bother - more features, great DL support, top forum - nuff said :D

Thanks will start today and will leave Dcrypt alone for now. Again thanks to all for the New Face.

From the Flat Lands of Kansas

Yah, but there are no image MAKING features with ImgBurn? I used DVD Decrypter to copy regular CD's as well as for other things, it worked great for copying every CD of DVD format Data Music or what. I constantly have to make ultra copies I just wish DVD Decryptor had a multi-burner fucntion like Padus Dickjuggler used to have (or even a network burn fucntion... I used to burn cd's across my network using Padus, worked great for a year, I had a machine with 4 identical units). But then when they made the update, it only could do two CD's at a time. That was great, I made maybe 2 coasters in one year.

Copying content is the bulk of my work, on any given day I'll be chugging out 20 to 60 CD's or DVD's Never mind what I do with it aahaha.

Piss on Macropoop- They cannot own something that was released in the public domain. I'll send you what I can when I can LUK. (So, good "luk" haha) Piss and gob on those rat bastards.

So, if I use this it will make my DL burns go better? Sometimes at the layer split the disk will just lock up (if I burn at the highest speed) Well, thats bunk! I shoud be ABLE to burn at the highest speed and not have to worry if the layer will catch.

I made a copy of my 4-4 dvd just for myself and at the layer (cake) break, it stalls like a piece of poo in a pneumatic message tube.

So, if I use DVD Decrypter, I ought to then just use this to burn the image with Imgburn?

i just wanna know what the foog I can use to MAKE the image now that I can't find any proggys that will do the trick (that dont split it into two 4.7 GB dvd images like any-poop-dvd)

Ok, well keep us posted on whats good to use for whatever poo Macroslime and Son-eee eject at us out of any orifices... Thanx and good luck.

Edited by weAponX

Ah... Apologies, I seeee, I see. I can use this to VERIFY that the image actually burned correctly! AH... I am doing it right now on some images that are sitting on my other pc... Ok, yah this is very useful... Tsk, it is just that the front ond has been chopped off (sigh)

@ weAponX;

And you need to know what? :blink:

I read and re-read your post(s) and can only figure that you're making a comment about what you do with your programs, some of which are not supported here in this Forum. In the future, please stick to the subject of the Forum area that you are writing in; or post in the 'Chat' area of the Forum. ;)

@ weAponX;

And you need to know what? :blink:

I read and re-read your post(s) and can only figure that you're making a comment about what you do with your programs, some of which are not supported here in this Forum. In the future, please stick to the subject of the Forum area that you are writing in; or post in the 'Chat' area of the Forum. ;)

Ok well I see I went way beyond "if DVD decrypter will co-exist with ImgBurn"

I apologise for posting past my bedtime last night... I had just downloaded and installed ImgBurn and I was just trying to figure out in what ways it was different than DVD Decrypter. So, after I went to bed I said sheesh why did I post THAT? It was kind of like a stream of consciosness that erupted, so, I apologise for posting it, it came out all the wrong way. Well I was not gonna get up and change it when I was nodding off peesh?

As for what I do, I do mega burning of images, and it is my business, and it is legit as far as I know. So, this is my problem, last 4 or 5 times I burned a Dual Layer Image, if Data it was OK but any Media seems to get stuck at the Layer Break, and I usually only burn with DVD Decrypter, as I discovered long ago that it burns everything, so I no longer need my CDR-WIN or my Fireburner programs and the inherent hassles of installing and running those programs.

You get me? Here I am satisfied with DVD Decrypter for my needs, and I was a free program, and then suddenly I am told that it is illegal and now I have to get ImgBurn. (I think that is where the tangent came for... It burns me up, I don't think anyone has the right to tell me what software I can or can't use)

Ok which leads me to where I am now: I got ImgBurn, and I found out last night that it has NO front end, it is just an Image burner. Fine, I'll deal with Image creation later... I read some of the documentation, and I don't quite get how to ensure a good DL Burn.

This is what I did:

I put the media in the drive first, and I ran Discovery on "All Sectors" and some figures were shown in the Sectors and MB boxes... So then, I changed to write mode and burned the image, and I told the program to verify the image. And the program is telling me that it was successful.

So, I don't know if I did it correctly, I haven't tested the DVD's integrity yet, won't have time uintil later.

Time is the whole point, I don't have time to do a bunch of media prep for every disk I am gonna burn when I have to burn maybe 50 copies of the same disk- But I do not want to hand out bad disks right?

So did I do it right in the first place, and when it comes to multiple burns, what do I do to make sure that they will all burn the same way?

If anyone can put the process in simple steps so I can see if I got the right idea, that's what I'm looking for, and I apologise for the earlier confusion. In the meantime I'll go look through the documentation again.

Sorry and Thanx

Edited by weAponX

You knew how to use DVD Decrypter's 'ISO Write' feature (mode) - yeah?

So ImgBurn's 'Write' feature (mode) is identical to that.

It just has some extra bits bolted onto it - like the queueing system.

You're confusing everyone (including myself!) by saying ImgBurn has no front end. No front end would make it a DOS application - which clearly it's not!

What you really mean is that it doesn't have the ability to READ a disc to an Image file. In saying that, yes you are correct. The name kinda gives away what its primary purpose in life is ;)

Look in the Guides forum, I'm sure you can read / follow the VERY short guide I put together, and then you have Corn's which details how to use the Queue.

To check the disc has burnt correctly, you just need to have the 'Verify' box ticked.

You can Ignore 'Discovery' mode, it's purely for testing media / drive compatibility - with the aim of then scanning the burnt disc in something like DVDInfoPro.

OH BTW, the Queue system can be set up to burn multiple copies of the same image. Just follow Corn's guide :)

Rivals my mother-in-law for length before getting to (or is that past) the point. :P

@weAponX: Take a deep breath, read the guides, and Bob's your Uncle, and ImgBurn will be your best friend. Would wish you good luck - except it's not complex enough to need it. :)

You knew how to use DVD Decrypter's 'ISO Write' feature (mode) - yeah?

So ImgBurn's 'Write' feature (mode) is identical to that.

It just has some extra bits bolted onto it - like the queueing system.

You're confusing everyone (including myself!) by saying ImgBurn has no front end. No front end would make it a DOS application - which clearly it's not!

What you really mean is that it doesn't have the ability to READ a disc to an Image file. In saying that, yes you are correct. The name kinda gives away what its primary purpose in life is ;)

Look in the Guides forum, I'm sure you can read / follow the VERY short guide I put together, and then you have Corn's which details how to use the Queue.

To check the disc has burnt correctly, you just need to have the 'Verify' box ticked.

You can Ignore 'Discovery' mode, it's purely for testing media / drive compatibility - with the aim of then scanning the burnt disc in something like DVDInfoPro.

OH BTW, the Queue system can be set up to burn multiple copies of the same image. Just follow Corn's guide :)

Yah, I saw that queing system, and I am drooling over that. I think it will help me quote a bit. Thanx for answering me direct, and I apologize again for earlier confusion, I will confine my rants to the chat area.

Gah: I am SO stupid, I was expecting to find tomes of instructions, but I came across this:

1. Insert Disc in Burner.

2. Select Image to burn.

3. Click 'Write' button.

Gah. Ok so there are no tricks then, it just straight out does everything automatically.

You know what I meant about "No Front End" I meant all the DVX-Xxxxxxxx stuff has been removed.

That's the only complaint I really have (I mean in the world, so I had to rant about it, I'm sure you have probably seen my rants at Afterdawn, I was not intending to bother anyone here though)

It worked pertty good. The Discovery thing just told me what kind of media I had put in.

So, I got DVX-Xxxxxxxx and ImgBurn and they do not cancell each other out, which what the original guy was asking. The disk I just made is "Like Buttah"

Ok, well thanx, it IS as easy as all that. I just have one other thing I wanna ask about: I'll do that in nother thread

Por que mejor no trabajar en que imgburn sea un complemento o que se pueda complementar con el antigua pero valiosisimo DVDDecrypter y asi hagn el trabajo estos 2 programas en conjuntoy asi todos somos felices.

Saludos y felicidades por estos espectaculares programas.

• 2 weeks later...

[

Hola no encontraba a nadie que hablase mi idioma, igual te parece est?pido, pero no se como funiona ImgBurn, llevo a?os utilizando el DVD decryter, pero aunque este se le parece, no se como rippear al disco duro. Me pide imagenes ISO, pero como obtengo esas imagenes, yo meto un DVD (como antes) y con este programa no me da opciones a pasarlo al disco duro. Me puedes guiar o decirme donde mira

Gracias

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.