Trojan-dropper.win32.agent.blk in ImgBurn !!!

Wigman

<_<

Hi, I'm using a free Kasperski virusscanner from AOL (Active Virus Shield).

This scanner is reporting ImgBurn as Adware and it says ImgBurn is infected with the Trojan-dropper.win32.agent.blk

I downloaded this file from the ImgBurn download location.

Does anyone has the same experience??

Might be a problem with UPX v3 compressed programs then - which both the ImgBurn ones are.

Problem is solved. Kasperski said it was a false positive. They have fixed it immediately.

WOW sometimes life is easy! thnx for quick response ( and for a fantastic burningtool).

The grisoft scanner uses 2 much resources

Glad you got it sorted but can I ask you to elaborate on the above, which system resources (co's my cpu% fluctuates between 0% and 1%-2%) when avg is just protecing and 9% to 76% when scanning 76% will be when it's extracting compressed cabs/zip/rar etc

• 3 months later...

For anyone who thinks secureviolation might be right

start menu/ run / type cmd

Once open close all internet pages exit anything that requires internet access like messenger/icq email etc then open ImgBurn go back to cmd prompt window and type netstat -v -b

This will show you process Id's for each connection

This is what mine looks like whilst ImgBurn is open

post-26-1193830902_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
Sigh, as posted above this has been asked and answered by the boss before :( It's easier to spout crap than to read responses I guess.....

My Netstat indicates similar to the above screen grab, and I have a similar concern. It would be appreciated if a link to the "asked and answered by the boss before" or an explanation was offered. Everything prior to the above quote has been professional !

My Netstat indicates similar to the above screen grab, and I have a similar concern. It would be appreciated if a link to the "asked and answered by the boss before" or an explanation was offered. Everything prior to the above quote has been professional !

Please read post #10 of this thread and click the link provided theree (it's not underlined just for fun you know :))

Please read post #10 of this thread and click the link provided theree (it's not underlined just for fun you know :))

Sorry about missing the link. :( Read it and understand, shame that I good piece of software does things in an inappropriate way, without a forward warning. I'll just delete IMGBURN and use the other packages readily available that ARE USER FRIENDLY.

Not user friendly? What the fuck are you talking about? How the hell can ImgBurn check for updates without pinging for a connection? Are you people really that stupid? If you don't want it to access the internet then turn it off within the ImgBurn settings or block it with your firewall. It ain't rocket science.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.