covert cd iso to dvd iso (need help)

hey guys, i really dont have this thing with burning so please help me. i have downloaded an ubuntu studio iso with a size of 899meg. but the iso format is only a cd... how can i fit it to a cd? i burn the image to dvd but it doesnt work. i also copied the data and burn it as data to dvd. but the disc wont boot... can ImgBurn convert CD ISO to DVD ISO??? thanks guys...

The Wikipedia article about Ubuntu Studio says that it should work fine if you burn the ISO image to a DVD.

Can you post the log from when you've burnt the ISO image to DVD media? You can find it at Help/ImgBurn logs.

i first tried it in NERO. but nero says cannot burn because of different media type.

The ubuntu website also says that it would work if you burn it into dvd. but the iso is not a dvd. it only reads CD-ROM when you mount it into a virtual drive. i also check it in the ImgBurn Read Mode:

EZ2213U DPS842O 2.0B (SCSI)

Current Profile: CD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 444,178

Size: 909,676,544 bytes

Time: 98:44:28 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 444177)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 444178)

is it possible to convert this to a bootable dvd? thank....

ISO images are Mode1/2048 disc images, a format that is compatible with both CD and DVD media.

The virtual drive shows that image as a CD-ROM simply because it's smaller than 1 GiB (1,073,741,824 bytes). If it was bigger than 1 GiB, it would be shown as a DVD-ROM. As for Ner0, it refuses to burn because it has the "DVD high compatibility mode (at least 1GB will be written)" option enabled by default.

If you used ImgBurn to burn that ISO image to a DVD, had the Verify option enabled and it went all OK, then the disc was correctly burnt. If you can't boot from that disc, either your computer isn't properly set to boot from the DVD drive, or the ISO image you've downloaded got somehow damaged/corrupted. Check your ISO image and/or burnt disc against the MD5SUM provided at Ubuntu Studio's download page. ImgBurn automatically calculates MD5 hashes for source images and verified discs, so all the information you need is in the ImgBurn logs :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.