Trouble Burning DOS Bootable CD

words

I'm having a heck of a time creating a backup copy of a computer software on a bootable DOS Disk.

I'm using MS XP Professional, SP2

I used IMGBurn and received this error during BURNing:

There is a problem with the El Torito Configuration! Boot Image File: DOS-CD.ISO

Size: 1,881,632 bytes

Expected Size: 1,474,560 bytes

The boot image is the wrong size for the selected boot media type.

Does anyone know where I can download an image of DOS ISO9660 and/or Joliet format standard? Apparently, IMGBurn doesn't like the DOS image based on the El Torito standard that I'm using.

Thanks, Words

How did you make your dos bootable iso?

It looks like the el torito stuff is set to emulate a 1.44 floppy disc - hence the image you add must come from a disc in the first place and be of exactly the right size.

What I normally do is create a bootable floppy, get it all ready (i.e. get it loading cdrom drivers etc) and then just tell imgburn to make an image of it (via the 'create boot image' option on the same tab).

How did you make your dos bootable iso? Got it off the web. I used it to make a copy of UBUNTU and that booted into the live UBUNTU DVD o.k. I also made a successful bootable CD for EBCD recovery software.

It looks like the el torito stuff is set to emulate a 1.44 floppy disc - hence the image you add must come from a disc in the first place and be of exactly the right size. What do you recommend I set emulation to?

What I normally do is create a bootable floppy, get it all ready (i.e. get it loading cdrom drivers etc) and then just tell imgburn to make an image of it (via the 'create boot image' option on the same tab).

Seeing, I don't have a floppy disk drive. Does anyone know where I can download a copy of DOS? Is it possible to get the DOS files another way?

Edited by words

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but this might help somebody else searching. I was having the same problem when I noticed the emulation was set for floppy. Since there was no option for CDrom, I set it as custom. Hope this helps.

By the way, another thing I do is burn to a rewritable so if the image doesn't work, I can start again without wasting discs. When you have what you want, copy to a writable CD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.