Add Advanced Drive Options Selected to Log

rcubed

LUK,

Would it be possible to add the advanced options that are in effect (if drive supports any) when the burn is done. For example the LiteOn drives have four that can be selected Smart Burn, Hyper Tune, Overspeed, and On Line Hypertune.

In a related question does ImgBurn interact with the settings that may have been set through the LiteOn utility such as Smartburn. Does it leave them as they are or does it reset them if none are selected in the advanced options, even though nothing may have been selected in ImgBurn. The reason I ask is I have On Line Hypertune for my LiteOn selected with SmartBurn, but it doesn't show up as enabled in the Advanced Options in ImgBurn. Basically how do they interact?

Again thanks for a really dependable and easy to use software tool. :D :D :D :D I use it for all of my burns these days, with excellent results. Only coasters I get are my fault. :blush:

Thanks again,

Rcubed

Unless you actually go in and change one of the settings inthe 'Advanced Settings' screen, they're not touched from whatever the drive defaults to when it's switched on, or whatever you've enabled / disabled in any other software since that time.

The settings are on a drive by drive basis, so really whatever's set in the Smartburn util should be mirrored in ImgBurn - and vice versa - they both just query the drive to see what the current setting is.

Are you sure the two don't match up? The wording is slightly different in both programs so don't get caught out! From my own testing, it's certainly ok with my 20A1H (LL0B) drive.

Oh and btw, is this any good to ya?

I 19:31:59 Link Size: Auto
I 19:31:59 Test Mode: No
I 19:31:59 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 19:32:00 Advanced Settings: Force HT: No, Online HT: No, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes
I 19:32:00 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
I 19:32:01 Writing LeadIn...
I 19:32:01 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 1307916)

LUK,

Yes the window in ImgBurn does show the settings. I have a Plex 716SA and a LiteOn LH-20AP1 KL0N. I just missed where it was. I was expecting the selection window to show the current setting. When I looked a little closer I noticed the current setting is is shown in text above the drop down window. Yes it does track what the SmartBurn Utility does and vice versa. I just started using a Samsung 225BW LCD monitor and the text is a little smaller than on my older IBM P96 19" CRT (I'll use that as my excuse for not paying attention to the total content of the window) :shifty: Or better yet I'm and old fart and my eyesight isn't as good as it was 20 years ago. :innocent:

Yep! That looks excellent. I'm assuming that was added to the normal log. That wasn't in the extended log data all ready was it? :blush: I normally don't (and haven't had any problems so I haven't had any reason to) list the extended log data.

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful response.

Cheers,

Rcubed

Edited by rcubed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.