XP screensaver?

Steve W

I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about with the "Log in/Log out" business...you don't have to log into the program to use it or log out when you are done. Do you have an optical mouse or defragmener on auto schedule?

I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about with the "Log in/Log out" business...you don't have to log into the program to use it or log out when you are done. Do you have an optical mouse or defragmener on auto schedule?

log out/in (as user) from the XP session - not imgburn!

yes, I have a optical mouse and defragger on auto but there is no issue with that.

me thinks the screensaver might be disabled by imgburn, while burning, and forgets to re-enable once the software is closed?

Edited by Steve W

I've never heard of any issues as such and I'm also positive that LUK wouldn't build-in such a feature that would tweak or modify any other settings on your PC...There has to be a conflict somewhere on your PC that is disabling the screensaver that only comes to the surface when you are using Imgburn.

I know the calls used to disable the screensaver etc but they're not used/called within ImgBurn. As such I've no idea where this issue is coming from I'm afraid!

Are there any plans to add this to Imgburn as a feature? i.e. disable the screensaver when writing/building etc

Not really, no. (and that's knowing it would only take me 2 seconds)

Whilst screensavers might have been a problem in the windows 3.11 days, they're hardly taxing to a modern machine.

So long as people aren't crazy with their screensaver timeout values (i.e. 1 minute), it really shouldn't be an issue. At 1 minute I'd find the continual interruptions more of an inconvenience than anything else!

Mine is set at 15 mins (5 more than the windows default I believe) and I can honestly save I've never once seen it as a problem.

Of course if your screensaver is set to play some mega 3D quake style timedemo, fair enough you might have a reason to want it disabled during burning! That said, I bet a lot of people are encoding etc whilst burning and I know from IBG graphs I've seen that it really isn't an issue even then.

I was afraid the screensaver might cause problems to burns. Although I don't use my screensaver I tend to forget to turn it off on the other computers. If you say it shouldn't be much of a problem then I'll trust you. Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.