Creating folders in build mode

xawery

I haven't find an option that will allow to create catalogs in bulid mode, and then move files across it, change file structure.

I found only on option to move the whole file structure from disk to image, but cannot change it in a way described above.

Thanks for greate iso burnign work! :o)

• 3 weeks later...
Build mode was designed to work form an existing folder layout / hdd structure.

If I ever change that, it will of course become much more flexible.

It would be nice to have the possibility to build an ISO image file using the queue.

~/gnfpt

• 1 month later...

Hi,

ImgBurn is just the program I was looking for! Thank you so much!

One suggestion: For automatic backups I would like to have a "graft mode" feature, like mkisofs has. For every file in the IBB-Config-File it would be a good option to specify the destination-path on the disk. that way it would also be possible to rename files on the disk.

What burn-engine do you use to create the UDF-Format? Did you program it all by yourself or do you use some third-party library?

thanks again!

Karsten Violka

Editor

c't Magazine Germany

Build mode was designed to be basic and burn an existing folder structure 'as-is'. If that ever changes, the things you mentioned will be possible.

What burn-engine do you use to create the UDF-Format? Did you program it all by yourself or do you use some third-party library?

It's my own code.

• 2 weeks later...
Build mode was designed to be basic and burn an existing folder structure 'as-is'. If that ever changes, the things you mentioned will be possible.

Hi,

thank you for a very good software.

I would also appreciate to have the possibility to create folders "on the fly", for example, like this in .IBB:

[sTART_BACKUP_LIST]

C:\SPW\INST\setup.exe ; \Setup\Setup.exe

In the .IBB, it is easy to create such a line. In the GUI, this could be done by right-click on previously added file od folder...

Please ;-)

Kind regards,

Karel Rys

• 3 weeks later...
Build mode was designed to work form an existing folder layout / hdd structure.

If I ever change that, it will of course become much more flexible.

An improved build mode that allowed creating folders, rearranging file structures, renaming files, etc. is the only thing I think ImgBurn needs. Otherwise a great tool.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.