Creating Hybrid DVDs

Nick-Charles

I need to create a Hybrid DVD.

The disc when inserted into a DVD player or computer should be recognised as an ordinary video DVD, however, when loked at by Windows Explorer, there needs to be another file visable, which will contain either PDFs or pictures.

I would be most grateful for any help in achieving this.

Thanks,

Nick

The disc when inserted into a DVD player or computer should be recognised as an ordinary video DVD, however, when loked at by Windows Explorer, there needs to be another file visable, which will contain either PDFs or pictures.

Thanks,

Nick

Welcome to the ImgBurn forum Nick;

If you are familiar with building an ISO with ImgBurn all you have to do is add whatever other files you want to be on the disc the same way you add your video files. When ImgBurn builds the ISO and then burns it to a disc the additional files will be on it.

If you are not sure you are doing it correctly burn the ISO onto a DVD RW disc. That way if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted you will not have wasted a disc.

The "other files" simply need to be at the same level in the strucure as the VIDEO_TS folder (these are referred to as DVD-ROM files).

Use build mode (either to make an ISO or burn directly to the device).

Regards

Thanks,

Nick

Welcome to the ImgBurn forum Nick;

If you are familiar with building an ISO with ImgBurn all you have to do is add whatever other files you want to be on the disc the same way you add your video files. When ImgBurn builds the ISO and then burns it to a disc the additional files will be on it.

If you are not sure you are doing it correctly burn the ISO onto a DVD RW disc. That way if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted you will not have wasted a disc.

This is the first time i've heard of hybrid dvds. but i was wondering. i have some of those video_ts and vts files, i can click one and watch it on my computer dvd player but cant seem to put them on a dvd. and also is it possible to put scenes from multiple dvds onto one dvd?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.