Invalid or Unsupported image file format

carlos18ok

I downloaded an iso file. I dont have a dvd burner so i passed it to my ipod and then to my friends computer. When i try to burn the image i get the Error "Invalid or Unsupported image file format".

What can be causing this problem? something i notice is that the file on my computer is 4.23G and whenever i pass it to my friends is 4G . Any suggestions or help will be gladly welcome. Thank you :unsure:

Edited by carlos18ok

• 2 weeks later...

I am receiving the same error upon attemtping to burn an image of an .ISO file--smaller than 4G--that I have downloaded from this Website.

It's a legitimate Website (Toshiba America Consumer Products) and the Zip file is extracting fine. I suspected that the dashes in the file name might be causing a problem so I changed the name of the file. Same error was generated.

Any assistance/comments would be appreciated.

Sorry Paul.S, there's nothing I can tell you that'll get those images working with current versions of ImgBurn.

I've made the next version support them though.

Thx very much for the reply.

Would you elaborate on the nature of the incompatibility please? If the file(s) are not corrupt, are getting extracted okay from the Zip file and are not too large, why are they not compatible with your program? Apparently, not all .ISO files are created alike?

Paul

Edited by Paul.S

• 2 months later...
Sorry Paul.S, there's nothing I can tell you that'll get those images working with current versions of ImgBurn.

I've made the next version support them though.

Hi Lightning,

I'm attempting to burn an ISO image downloaded from the same Toshiba website. In fact, Toshiba support recommended ImgBurn software for this very purpose. I've downloaded the latest ImgBurn software and I'm still receiving the 'invalid or unsupported image file format'. Has the next version of ImgBurn that supports these file formats not been relased? Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.