ImgBurn for backup

simplius

OK, I admit, I use ImgBurn for backup on CDs and DVDs (yes, data DVDs). Or, I use to do that since the good old DVDDecrypter days. I do that through the program's own command line parameters, and then the built batch file is scheduled through AT command. It works. I can give you instructions if you're interested.

There is only one tiny issue with using ImgBurn as a full-bred backup tool. Log File. I need a command line switch for creating a log for the current burning session. Now it is only possible manually to save the log, but it is clumsy for automated jobs.

So, dear LightningUK, this is my feature request: Command line switch for the log file. :-)

Now, as I can see, there are a lot of requests for good ISO image file builders. Two of them, both free:

1. Makeiso.exe, as a part of Goldenhawk's DAO command line tools (DAO itself is not free, but Makeiso is.. or it works as it should without DAO being registered).

http://goldenhawk.digitallatinum.com/download/dao40b32.zip

2. Mkisofs (Win32 port), as a part of the cdrecord/prodvd packet, originally for Unix systems, but ported for Windows.

http://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Yes, they are command line tools, but great for learning in depth what ISO file is. Makeiso is easier, and recommended for beginners, and later you can see what mkisofs can do.

Cheers.

You can have the program autosave the log (to a unique file) when it closes. Just look in the settings.

That's the best I can offer right now.

Well, thanks for the prompt answer. :-)

I thought about giving some other name to the log, than the default imgburn(x).log. Like %date%.log.

But, OK, there is a workaround, with renaming imgburn.log after the backup job.

Thanks again!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.