Mode - Read

bpoe138

I would love to see the ISO read mode added to ImgBurn. I still use DVD Decrypter because I can create my ISO and burn it from the same program, using the same UI. Of course, I would like to take advantage of the new feature of ImgBurn to do this (like queueing). Of course, this would fail if it was a copy protected disc, but for things from my Sony DVD Handycam, it would make things much easier.

Don't know mate - I would have hoped that those who were around at the DVDD forum would know why any "read" mode is probably not a good idea...... :huh:

Sorry for the duplicate requests. I did do a search for this before posting and decided to post again for 2 reasons:

1. I figure the more suggestions for a particular feature, the greater the possibility of it being added (demand leads to supply) :thumbup:

2. All of the replys to the other posts for this request didn't give any reasoning why this feature would not be added.

I was not around at the DVDD forum, so would it be possible to elaborate on why this is not a good idea?

Thanks,

-b

bpoe, Everyone appreciates suggestions for possible usage in newer versions of IMGburn. :thumbup: The problem being is your suggestion is for a feature that in part was the cause of the DDSF forum being shut down and the Arthor of that program being put through a very bad time by a very large company.

For that reason, IMGburn will remain what it is for now, which is a first class burning program with excellent features and top notch people to support it.

Hope this clears things up for you as this is about as much as I can say about the subject. :/

Welcome to the forum !!

Edited by kevdriver

Making an ISO from scratch is actually quite hard :(

DVD Decrypter didn't build one from files, it read the sectors into one. The two are VERY different!

This will happen one day, I'm just not sure when.

I may even do a temp version using mkisofs or something.

I am waiting for ONE DAY :teehee:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.