Display ifo LB info failed

sillysally

I'd be interested to see where exactly PgcEdit put the layerbreak.

Any chance of a screenshot from the window where you selected it?

I can't really give you an answer until I know some additional info - not only that, I'd like to know why I couldn't get the LB from the IFO data!!!

PgcEdit had a list of 5 i think. The one that was PgcEdit choice was 2062832 offset 9.

I dont have the info that you want but i could rerun PgcEdit if you want and then give you the screen shot.

The strange thing is that i did burn the r9 and it plays well but i forgot to set the burn speed so the r9 burned at max 8x and when i did a Q test with nero i only got a score of 73%. At about 1.5gig into the Q test i got a spike of about 22pif and a spike of about 150 pie. The rest of the Q test was good and at were the LB is there was no spike.

Great, thanks for that.

If you can, please keep that image on your machine until I've had a chance to add some debug code to my routines that'll enable me to extract (and show in the log) some info about what ImgBurn is doing. I'll then send you a special version.

I can't see anything that would cause an issue... but clearly something is!

I hope this is what you are looking for but i dont think its going to be much help.

I 18:54:48 ImgBurn Version 1.1.0.0 started!

I 18:54:48 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:54:48 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:54:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:54:48 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD?RW!

W 18:54:57 Program 'Debug Mode' has been Enabled!

D 18:55:42 GetIFOLayerBreakPositions Failed! - Reason: VTSSetList Empty

Happy New Year

Nope, that is actually quite helpful!

Ok, I'm going to need some more details about the filesystem and stuff (locations of files within the image) and the easiest way to get that info is to actually get a chunk of the filesystem and do it myself!

Use this little tool to grab 5 meg (hence the name 'Grab5m' !) of the image file in question and then email it to the address in ImgBurn's About box.

Usage of the tool is simply, open a dos/command prompt window and just type:

Grab5m your_image.iso output_image.iso

I know dos based stuff is old but hopefully you're ok with that. If not, I can always help you.

Can you also please provide the exact size of the image in bytes.

Load the image in ImgBurn and get a screenshot of the main window, that'll do!

Thanks and happy new year to you too :)

grab5m.zip

Hmm well I bodged an image from the info you gave me and changed some values on-the-fly whilst stepping through my code.

This is what came out the other end:

layer_break.png

All seems ok to me!

What happens when you try to do: Tools -> ISO -> Display IFO Layer Break Information -> and select your image?

(Sorry if that's what you did last time!)

Hmm well I bodged an image from the info you gave me and changed some values on-the-fly whilst stepping through my code.

This is what came out the other end:

post-1-1136545191_thumb.png

All seems ok to me!

What happens when you try to do: Tools -> ISO -> Display IFO Layer Break Information -> and select your image?

(Sorry if that's what you did last time!)

Failed to get layer break information from IFO data.

Ok, same thing as before then.

I wasn't sure if perhaps the error just came from something during the real burn - i.e. some weird media values passed to the function.

Unless I've fixed something since 1.1.0.0 without realising it, I can't see where the error is coming from.

Ok, same thing as before then.

I wasn't sure if perhaps the error just came from something during the real burn - i.e. some weird media values passed to the function.

Unless I've fixed something since 1.1.0.0 without realising it, I can't see where the error is coming from.

Well if you like send me your latest beta and i will load the file up and see if you did fix someting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd upgraded some of my UDF parsing code between dvd dec and imgburn.

Only problem was, I forgot to update a certain variable with its replacement and it ended up making the 'file finding' function quit after reading info for about 39 files (which makes up 1 sector).

As such, so long as the layerbreak position was in a file before number 39, it would be ok. After that, it wouldn't know those files existed and so program logic would prevent it from finding the layer break info in the IFO file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.