Pioneer 111D I/O error at 51%

wopnet

Hi, i have a pioneer 111D and have never had any probs burning dual layer disks before. I usually use AONE disks which work okay apart from the occasional coaster.

i recently bought a pack of infiniti 360 dual layer disks and tried to burn a 360 game but it wont go past 51%. Ive wasted about 5 disks. I cleaned the drive with a disk clean and it still stopped at 51%. It keeps coming up with

i/o error!

check condition

invalid address for write etc etc

I'm confused as i have never had this prob before..Is my drive on its way out??

post-8521-1189636585_thumb.jpg

Follow mmalves suggestion. :thumbup:

The only discs that we have found over hundreds of tests and thousands of burns have been Taiyo-Yuden or Verbatim DataLifePlus. There aren't all that many disc manufacturers in the world and it seems that sellers, like Imation, Maxell and Memorex, plus a slew of off brand names, use the cheapest crap they can buy and then rebadge it with their trade name and the buyer gets screwed. <_<

Thanks for the reply..i have ordered some new disks to try..I have been using Aone disks for a while and when i burn at 2x there normally fine..if i keep getting the same error with the new disks when they arrive what do i do next?? is it a drive problem??

I've been searching this forum for an answer to my problem since yesterday, I have exactly the same issue like yours but on a Pioneer 112D (Stuck at 51% everytime), I had 2 packs of Infinity 360s first pack went through 100%, but second pack (bought from a different branch) had 100% fail rate, I thought my drive must be screwed. But after some research on google, I went out just before to buy a pack of Verbatim 2.4x it's gone pass 51% now and onto the second layer no probs :)

Looks like the suggestions are correct that a lucky batch of cheap DVDs may give you some winners but the sucess rate do vary from batch to batch.

Lesson learnt - Verbs only from now on >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add some useful :& information to this discussion. I use Verbatim (and occasionally, Traxdata) DVD+R DL with a Pioneer DVDR-212. Although they burn at 2.4x (and it is always safe to burn at the recommended speed) you can easily burn these at 8x; I have done so several times and not once did they fail on me.

My two €cents.

Edited by The Incantation

Bought another batch of Aone disks which i have been using for ages..sorted out my problem..

stumbled a bit at 51% and i thought here we go again but then to my surprise and happiness the aone disk pulled on all its strength

and continued onto 52% and eventually finished! :w00t:

So basically it was a duff spindle of infiniti 360 disks..which are obviously very well marketed at 360 gamers ;) even though they are pants..

Thanks for all the help and comments

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.