Exclusive access error - after playing Bioshock (Securerom ?)

steptoe

I have been getting the drive unable to lock exclusive access error and couldn't work out why, after running the sysinternal sutil to scan for anything locking the drive but nothing ever appears, even after searching for the actual drive label I still get nothing is locking access to the drive, after a reset everything is back to normal

I've recently been playing BioShock and had a game last night, tried to burn a DVD today and its not letting me get exclusive access again to the DVD burner, but the only thing I have run recently is BioShock

I had a quick look via Google as the game is using Securerom v7.xx and found a small link to DaemonTools that mentions Securerom gets exclusive access to the drivers as its a low level driver

My system runs fine, apart from MediaPlayer Classic doesn't like playing anything and just sits there taking an absolute age to do respond in any way after playing BioShock as well, which I find a bit weird, again all is well after a reset

Any suggestions if BioShock or more accurately their use of Securerom low level drivers are locking access to my drives, so forcing me to do a reset if I actually want to burn anything, which isn't fatal as I don't lose a blank, just annoying

Thanks

Not 'simple' when you using other applications at the same time as that means having to stop whatever you are doing and reset, then start whatever you were doing again

Thats like saying the lights on your car don't work because you played a CD, but if you stop the car and remove the battery and put back in again, then the lights will work. Simple

I shouldn't have to restart my system just because a 'copy' protection has locked any other software getting exclusive access to all my drives

In fact, heres another 'feature' of SecureRom 7.xx I found today as I went to rip some DVDs, the drives refused to even recognise there was a disc in any of them, DVD Decrypter didn't see anything in the drives nor did AnyDVD, just sat there patiently telling me the drive wasn't ready

I played BioShock last night, so restarted my computer again, oh look everything is back as it should be with the previously unrecognised DVDs now ripping as they should have done before playing BioShock

So thats another reason I'll be joining the long list of complaints aimed at the company that decided to use SecureRom to 'protect' their game

Not 'simple' when you using other applications at the same time as that means having to stop whatever you are doing and reset, then start whatever you were doing again

Thats like saying the lights on your car don't work because you played a CD, but if you stop the car and remove the battery and put back in again, then the lights will work. Simple

I shouldn't have to restart my system just because a 'copy' protection has locked any other software getting exclusive access to all my drives

In fact, heres another 'feature' of SecureRom 7.xx I found today as I went to rip some DVDs, the drives refused to even recognise there was a disc in any of them, DVD Decrypter didn't see anything in the drives nor did AnyDVD, just sat there patiently telling me the drive wasn't ready

I played BioShock last night, so restarted my computer again, oh look everything is back as it should be with the previously unrecognised DVDs now ripping as they should have done before playing BioShock

So thats another reason I'll be joining the long list of complaints aimed at the company that decided to use SecureRom to 'protect' their game

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.