Does IB support MP3 files

anant11

Hi.

I just registerd and this is my first post. I have a bunch of music files in MP3 format and I would like to burn a data DVD. When I tried to open a folders I do not see the Mp3 files. Does IB support MP3 files?

Thanks in anaticipation of reply.

anant

Maybe look in the guides section

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

Thanks for the above link. . In fact I used the steps suggested on one of the posts in the forum Now I got some understanding.

I used to burn dvd data disks using Roxio Easy CD media Creator 5.0. It was accidentally deleted recently. When I create a DVD data disk with that sw, I could retrieve the data when I boot that disk. I am not able to do this with IMGBURN software. Surely I am missing some basics. I am totally in a learning process. Here is what I have done.

I started with about 6.0 GB of a MP3 folder as source file. I chose a destination file onto my hard drive . Here are the steps:

Mode - Build - browse and selected source file from hard drive

Output - Imagefile - browse and selected a file on hard disk- checked to verify

Options - ISO9660 + UDF - Recursive subdirectories

Lablels - entered same label under ISO9660 and UDF

Advanced - Date - entered todays date

Media - under single layer DVD+R/RW - under double layer DVD+R DL

Restrictions - ISO9960 - Level one - Charac. set standard

Finally clicked BUILD

waited for the build to complete.

I got advisory msg not to use ISO file the sw changed it to MDS

In the output directory folder I see 3 files look like the following

test dvd 4,194,300 kb I00 file date

test dvd-1 1,868,300 kb I01 file date

test dvd 9 kb MDS file date

I clicked test dvd - I got the following msg

Windows cannot open the file I selected Imgburn as a program to open the file

I see a Imgburn screen . How could I see my original MP3 files.

If it were actual dvd disc burn, I would expect to see my original directory of MP3 files when I place the DVD data disk in DVD drive

I do not see what I have done wrong. Could someone comment on this ? Do u suggest I should try actual DVD burn instead of Imagefile ?

Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.

anant

right click on mds file and choose burn with imgburn

Thanks for ur prompt response. I checked . It works. I will try this next time.

I actually burnt a dvd R+ disc directly ( w/o creating an Image file) with a 4GB file source. It just worked. That is fantatic. I am excited. Right now I am playing the DVD in Real Player. With just a couple of hours of study I got this done free of cost. I thank all of you in the forum who helped me. I thank the developers of IMGBURN to have made available this wonderful product free. My next attempt will be to try a larger file say 7 GB and burn a double layer DVD. I do not know if that works in my DEll comp DVD player.

anant

data disks are better kept around 4 gigs in size, single layer media is much easier to burn and much more relaible with a lot more burners

there are enough cases where you have to have dual layer, but not for data, especialy mp3's

data disks are better kept around 4 gigs in size, single layer media is much easier to burn and much more relaible with a lot more burners

there are enough cases where you have to have dual layer, but not for data, especialy mp3's

Thanks for ur reply. I will keep in mind.

anant

Thanks for ur reply. I will keep in mind.

anant

Hello:

I am back with a problem when I am trying to vurn another DVD with around 3.00 GB. After filling all the necessary data and clicked write, I get the following msg.

DEVICE IO CONTROL ( FSCIL_LOCK_VOLUME) FAILED !

Device [ 1:1:0]_NEC DVD+RW ND-100A IOFD (E:ATA)

Unable to lock volume for exclusive access

Reason : Access Denied

Cancel Try Again Continue

Is my DVD disc corrupted ? What should I do?

Thanks for your reply in anticipation.

anant

look in FAQ this time

Thanks once again for ur direction. I found exact problem item in the FAQ. I closed all programs and retried. Now it is going thru. the burn. About 70% complete. I am sure it will proceed smoothly.

anant

Thanks once again for ur direction.

That's what the forum is all about... :thumbup:

I have a question which could be dumb. I have a dell comp with a standard DVD drive which could play sinle layer DVD R+ 's. I understand that IMGBURN sw can burn double layer DVDs. Can I burn double layer DVDs using the standard DVD drive I have or do I need to use a special external drive to burn double layer DVDs ? I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me on the subject.

Thanks for reply in anticipation.

anant

The drive you have is very old and afaik is not compatible with dual layer, well last time I looked at specs for that drive it was not.

Right on Donta!

The 1100 is a single layer burner...period.

I have used one since they were new on the market and still have it in use now. I haven't found a firmware yet that can change it to DL status. It's in my server, an old 330 mhz machine, and it works great still. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.