Show burn time?

Irfan

if you leave the pc or do something else then you wont be watching the time anyway .When I burn and do something else the operation successfully completed music is enough to signal the burn is done . At 4x burn time is about 15 minutes at 8x around 8 or 9 minutes .As been said the time is counted down in the log

But when I burn DVD I usually leave the PC or do something else

Therefore the response I gave is still true. Its in the log window you can walk away from computer for 2 weeks and the log will still be there.

Why don't you just keep the log window open at all times and dock it with main window so it sits underneath all neat.

view/ tick log or Ctrl+Alt+L

Make a vote and see how many would like it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Make the change yourself and see the difference, how nice it is to see the time when the ImgBurn complete window pops up.

For yourself, then see if you want to included it in a future version. Which I think you will :)

When the burn is complete most of us that want to see"anything" wants to see the burn time.

Well except the obvious thing, no errors :D

Edited by Irfan

I 16:40:29 Write Mode: DVD

I 16:40:29 Write Type: DAO

I 16:40:29 Write Speed: 8x

I 16:40:29 Link Size: Auto

I 16:40:29 Test Mode: No

I 16:40:29 OPC: No

I 16:40:29 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 16:40:29 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 16:40:30 Writing LeadIn...

I 16:40:58 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 2107401)

I 16:40:58 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 2107401)

I 16:47:54 Synchronising Cache...

I 16:48:12 Exporting Graph Data...

I 16:48:12 Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Ascii\Application Data\ImgBurn\IBG Files\PIONEER_DVD-RW_DVR-112L_8.21_22-OCTOBER-2007_16-40_MCC_02RG20_8x.ibg

I 16:48:12 Export Successfully Completed!

I 16:48:12 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:07:43

I 16:48:12 Average Write Rate: 10,156 KB/s (7.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,158 KB/s (8.1x)

post-26-1193068972_thumb.png

It almost seems as if you're missing the point here, the burn time IS visible if you've not shut the window that tells you everything - i.e. the Log window!

Have you ever even looked at the log window?

As I said previously, it's supposed to be left open at all times.

Who said this is a democracy, Irfan? This is LUK!'s program, which he provides for free. Enough of these stupid challenges. Open the bloody log window (it stays open for the next burn, too).

Regards

Make a vote and see how many would like it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Make the change yourself and see the difference, how nice it is to see the time when the ImgBurn complete window pops up.

For yourself, then see if you want to included it in a future version. Which I think you will :)

When the burn is complete most of us that want to see"anything" wants to see the burn time.

Well except the obvious thing, no errors :D

its a vote of one at all times The Grand Pubah has the last say always :thumbup: .Imgburn does a lot for 1.8 mb's and while many things are in the realm of possibility keeping it small and manageable rather than bloated is the way to go IMHO

wondering why anyone would want the info requested showing in 2 different places

even though i hear the "success" tune, i always look at the log file and check the operation time, that way i know wether there was any other related problems that need looking at

I find it a bit difficult to search through a log to find the times, and I too always check the times to make sure that everything went OK.

Get a stopwatch or use the program how it is meant to be used and enable log view under surprisingly the TAB of view

Ps burn time will be last entry in log file if verify was not used

post-26-1193068972_thumb.png

I find it a bit difficult to search through a log to find the times, and I too always check the times to make sure that everything went OK.
Get a stopwatch or use the program how it is meant to be used and enable log view under surprisingly the TAB of view
Yes, my request can certainly be classified as a "nice to have" type of request rather than a "must have" type, and there are likely things that many users would consider to be far more important. It's just a little thing that would help bring a smile to my face.
Ps burn time will be last entry in log file if verify was not used
Quite true. Periodically, I tell myself that I'm just wasting my time verifying all of these discs (I burn about 50 or so per month), but every time I stop verifying them, something bad :huh: happens that makes me turn the verify back on. That's why I search backwards through the log to find the write time...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.