ImgeBurn Features

Dennis

Can this program due everything Nero 8 can due? Can you do multisecession burn with this software? If you download the free version can you convert to the registered version with no problems? Will this program work with the new Asus 20X SATA multi burner?

Hi,

Someone else asked the question I had in mind the day before I was going to ask. Are there any other features of Nero which ImgBurn can't do? I never use multi-session (blank DVDs are too cheap to bother), so that is fine. Thus far, I have successfully burnt 3 DVDs with ImgBurn; one movie backup, one file which was originally a DAA file converted to ISO using your Build feature, and one MDF file also converted to ISO. Great stuff, everything is working!

Next up, I have loads of data backups to try out, which look pretty straightforward to me with ImgBurn. Am I missing anything? As far as I can see, I can ditch Nero permanently. Is there a Feature Comparison list or something like that?

Thanks,

DD.

no feature comparison, it cant do music which nero can, but the next version of ib will allow cue/bin music but not mp3 conversion to wav, but windows media player can do this anyway.

i don't have nero installed , imgburn does what i want

no feature comparison, it cant do music which nero can, but the next version of ib will allow cue/bin music but not mp3 conversion to wav, but windows media player can do this anyway.

i don't have nero installed , imgburn does what i want

Cool, man, thanks for the reply. Music, forgot about that. But don't need that, so that is great if that is all you can think of. I bought J. River Media Center for all my music needs, it does everything including burning to various formats. I haven't used Nero since I stumbled onto this product, so that is great. My version of Nero came with my burner, and it was getting mighty old.

DD.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a comment. I DO NOT want ImgBurn to do (or try to do) everything Nero, Roxio, and the other bloated software do. The beauty of ImgBurn is that it concentrates on one general task and does it well without all the other junk. Lean and mean - I hope it stays that way.

If I need to do other things, there are other small software tools to handle those tasks, equally lean and mean and good at their job.

Edited by Bron

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.