ImgBurn wont respond

rogue12

Hi,

Now this as happened twice to me today, here is the issue, after ImgBurn finished burning to DVD, computer went into standby mode as it usually does when I am away for 15mins or more, so after I bring it out of standby mode, ImgBurn refuses to close or respond and I have to exit the only way I could by ending the process with Task Manager.

By the way it didn't matter what kind of task I was using ImgBurn for the same issue still occurred.

Thought id let people know here.

Does the process actually go away when you do that or does it just close the app window?

Sounds to me as if one of your drivers isn't processing I/O commands and that's why it's stuck.

When you click the close button, what do you see in the log window? Copy + paste it.

I never use standby so I've never tested this stuff personally.

The process those times did go away and the program did close after process was ended.

For some reason this time when i burned to DVD the same issue did not occur (same circumstances),

Oh the two things i was doing was the first time was building a ISO image, second time was writing to disc (with the option to eject tray ticked then it went into standby so it was opened when in standby), but when the issue happened i didn't actually have the log view opened, or does ImgBurn log every event automatically cause if it does by looks of it it didnt when these issues happened looking at the log file in C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\ImgBurn. (attached)

Im not sure may have been one off though if it does happen again ill be sure to log it by screen shooting it.

ImgBurn.log

Ok so when's it getting stuck? Still after going into standby?

What if you don't let it go into standby, does it still get stuck after a few hours?

If standby is the problem, get it outputting I/O debug info (press F8) to the log window and ensure the log window is open.

Then let it drop into standby. Leave it 5 mins and then resume. Take note of what's going on in the log window. Is it still processing commands or was the last entry from before standby kicked in? Copy + paste (or save and upload) eveything from the log window.

Then click the Tools menu and goto the filter drivers feature. Hit the clipboard button and then 'paste' that info into your next post too.

Why would it say 'operation completed sucessfully' if it wasn't actually doing something?

Your initial post made it seem as though the application was idle when it stopped responding.

The info in the log window will tell you what it was doing and of course there's also the text in the statusbar.

• 2 weeks later...

no no, it was doing a burn,disc ejected then when it was done. then it just toke its time popping up with the message operation completed successfully and of course was frozen for min or two, issue with my comp as this happens sometimes, ill post log if it happens again or when i burn something again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.