imgburn install bug

boo80

Please help, ive installed imgburn v2.3.2.0 and it works fine but every time i turn off my computer and turn it on the next day imgburn trys to install itself again.

Ive tryed uninstalled it and have deleted the file but it is still doing it, ive even run a search for imgburn.exe and it found nothink.

Please help.

Tries to reinstall itself?! I'm not even sure that's possible!

Programs using MSI's might try that but ImgBurn doesn't use that, it uses NSIS.

Where's it installing to? 'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn' as normal? Once installed, the folder / files are all present and correct yeah?

If it's not there after a reboot I'd guess you have something that's removing it or your hdd is corrupt.

Tries to reinstall itself?! I'm not even sure that's possible!

Programs using MSI's might try that but ImgBurn doesn't use that, it uses NSIS.

Where's it installing to? 'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn' as normal? Once installed, the folder / files are all present and correct yeah?

If it's not there after a reboot I'd guess you have something that's removing it or your hdd is corrupt.

Sorry the installer comes up and says install imgburn click next!

This is as soon as i reboot its back again and i have to cancel it, but imgburn is installed already and fully working.

Edited by boo80

Well there are only a few ways for things to load when you reboot your PC, the most common of which are:

1. It's in the 'Startup' folder in the Start Menu.

2. It's in the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run' key within the registry.

3. It's in the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run' key within the registry.

4. Autorun from a CD or something similar.

None of these are touched by ImgBurn itself so whatever the issue is, I'm afraid it's something you, someone else or some weird bit of software has done.

Get the 'Autoruns' program from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/autoruns.mspx and maybe it'll reveal something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.