Error - send e-mail

SiJ

Blimey, could you imagine how many emails I'd get if every I/O error resulted in me getting an email?!

Yes, it is true. But, if there is an error on allocated PC and it is very important that burning is done well than I must have that information in time. App must give you a choise, what level of an error you wish on email (information, warning, fatal..), if you even wish.

Errors on PC's are normally users fault anyway.

As said above the forum is better than an email system and is what it was setup for.

If your saying when you get an error you want an instant answer to why it failed then tough luck, wait your turn like everyone else, no one is at anyones beck and call just be patient and one of the members will help you if they can.

Email support can be very poor with any software/ company I remember I sent ECS an email about why the bios in an ECS k7s5a kept clearing itself very randomly with no obvious reason why, anyway time went by more time etc and about 18 months later I got an email from ecs which when I read it thought whats this about then i realized it was in response to my question about the Bios in k7s5a.

18 months to answer email I replied to the email to tell them that I put the POS motherboard in the bin a month after sending them the first email.

In case of any error - applicatin sends e-mail to any adress.

Can this be done?

I think this is a good idea that is not being interpreted properly.

I believe what SiJ is asking is if it is possible for the application to send an email to their personal email account to advise them of the failure. I am guessing that you wouldn't want to be advised of every single sector failure as a seperate message but simply an email of the log file at the end of the process. All the necessary information is being collected.

However, that can easily be done using other tools as part of a batch file to email the log file on completion.

But I believe the bigger problem is that when errors are detected a dialog box appears. Until acknowledged, the verify process is suspended. In CLI mode there needs to be a switch to supress dialog boxes.

Cheers,

The Worker

it seems that IB hasn't failed you but you want to set up a just in case scenario. Have more than 1 burning tool available and if one fails then you have options.You can complete your work and troubleshoot later

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.