My Navigation DVD can´t read any image, only original discs

wadoline

Hi

I´m trying to copy a *.nrg into a blank dvd without success. The dvd unit doesn´t recognize the disc (it´s a navigation disc and the unit it is a specific DVD player (Mercedes Benz) that only recognize the original navigation dvd). I know that some people are working with a copy of the original dvd.

Could you help me? I´ve burned 10 dvd at low speed (verbatim and sony) without success :pirate:

This is my configuration:

SONY DVD RW DRU-700A VY08 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2.297.888

Free Space: 4.706.074.624 bytes

Free Time: 510:40:38 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x; 6x; 8x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: SONY16D1

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Best regards

Most, if not all, car nav disks are written PTP and not OTP (like all dual layer media is). They can't be copied. Get a Tom Tom or a phone with a nav built in (for some reason I have both - it gets confusing when they don't agree which route to take!!!).

Regards

Hi again!

But there is people that are working with a copy fo the original dvd and people that have problems with the copy (sometimes work the copy and sometimes not).

I think that maybe is the setting of the copy.

What do you think?

Regards

I have speak with them and always said the same. They burn the discs with Nero or Alcohol without problems. There is other people that have problems sometimes (the have to insert the disc many times until it works) and there is another people like me that nothing of nothing.

I have tested with two recorders and nothing. Maybe is the player that only works with the original disks

Thanks for your help!

You seem a little confused. Let me help. :)

OTP - Opposite Track Path - Disk reads from the centre to the outside edge then changes layers and reads from the outside toward the centre. This minimises the time it takes for the laser in your DVD player to re-focus on the second layer when you watch a movie, for example. (Called the "Layerbreak").

PTP - Parallel Track Path - Disk reads from the centre to the outside edge then changes layers and reads from the centre to the outside edge again.

With the exception of developer drives , almost all burners are OTP. Burning PTP (like a GPS disk) as OTP places the information contained on the disk in the wrong place. As I said, it's part of the copy protection.

If it's single layer, then it should read from the centre out. If a standard ISO Read/ISO write fails and your media/drive isn't the problem, then there is likely copy protection of some sort present. We cannot help you with anything that involves the bypassing of any such protection.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.