ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

The system cannot find file specified....eh?

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tiredeyes

tiredeyes

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

I just recently used ImgBurn to burn back-up's to Dual Layered DVD....no problems tyvm.

Now I'm doing a second one and I get:

"Cannot open file, blah, blah, blah"

"REASON: Cannot find the file specified"

Yet it's the exact same .dvd file format as the previous one.

When I browse, I find it (folder on desktop) and open .dvd file then above message appears but if I try to re-burn the previous successful back-up I've already done, it'll allow it (from same desktop folder and same .dvd file format).

Any Ideas.........like I said I'm new to ImgBurn (my version of NERO doesn't do Dual Layered)

#2 dontasciime

dontasciime

Mood : Forgetfu

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

What are you trying to do though.

If you just after burning another copy you would just right click on .DVD file and choose burn with ImgBurn.

If you have deleted the .ISO and only have the .DVD file it will not work.

If your in build mode switch to write mode if ImgBurn is already open, if not just double click .DVD or right click choose Burn with.

#3 tiredeyes

tiredeyes

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

What are you trying to do though.

If you just after burning another copy you would just right click on .DVD file and choose burn with ImgBurn.

If you have deleted the .ISO and only have the .DVD file it will not work.

If your in build mode switch to write mode if ImgBurn is already open, if not just double click .DVD or right click choose Burn with.

I'm trying to put files onto Dual Layered DVD.
I've got four files all with .dvd + the actual file (like bin AND cue) the first one I done no problems.

Then I restarted ImgBurn (new version available, so downloaded it) and tried to do the other three files all iso (.dvd) images same as the first one but ImgBurn doesn't "see" them as it reports file not found.
I have ImgBurn in write mode.

i know it seems daft but this is my problem.

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

What file doesn't exist?

Read the actual message box.

If you're not loading that file directly, it must be what's written in the .DVD file - so edit the .DVD in notepad and type in the correct name for the image or rename the image itself to match what the .DVD says.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#5 tiredeyes

tiredeyes

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:29 PM

OMG

yes I'm an eejit.

While ripping 4 dvd's.
I've mixed up the .dvd files when separating them into individual folders and not noticed.

I somehow fluked the first one I burned into the correct folder.

LOL.................really sry about that, thanks for the help anyway....but yes I'm an eejit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users