The system cannot find file specified....eh?

tiredeyes

I just recently used ImgBurn to burn back-up's to Dual Layered DVD....no problems tyvm.

Now I'm doing a second one and I get:

"Cannot open file, blah, blah, blah"

"REASON: Cannot find the file specified"

Yet it's the exact same .dvd file format as the previous one.

When I browse, I find it (folder on desktop) and open .dvd file then above message appears but if I try to re-burn the previous successful back-up I've already done, it'll allow it (from same desktop folder and same .dvd file format).

Any Ideas.........like I said I'm new to ImgBurn (my version of NERO doesn't do Dual Layered)

What are you trying to do though.

If you just after burning another copy you would just right click on .DVD file and choose burn with ImgBurn.

If you have deleted the .ISO and only have the .DVD file it will not work.

If your in build mode switch to write mode if ImgBurn is already open, if not just double click .DVD or right click choose Burn with.

What are you trying to do though.

If you just after burning another copy you would just right click on .DVD file and choose burn with ImgBurn.

If you have deleted the .ISO and only have the .DVD file it will not work.

If your in build mode switch to write mode if ImgBurn is already open, if not just double click .DVD or right click choose Burn with.

I'm trying to put files onto Dual Layered DVD.

I've got four files all with .dvd + the actual file (like bin AND cue) the first one I done no problems.

Then I restarted ImgBurn (new version available, so downloaded it) and tried to do the other three files all iso (.dvd) images same as the first one but ImgBurn doesn't "see" them as it reports file not found.

I have ImgBurn in write mode.

i know it seems daft but this is my problem.

OMG

yes I'm an eejit.

While ripping 4 dvd's.

I've mixed up the .dvd files when separating them into individual folders and not noticed.

I somehow fluked the first one I burned into the correct folder.

LOL.................really sry about that, thanks for the help anyway....but yes I'm an eejit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.