BLUETOOTH

Snazz

Ok, I have no knowledge of infra red devices or bluetooth, but I have a new bluetooth phone arriving, and I was wonder. If I connect one of these USB Bluetooth adapter in my computer, that give my computer Bluetooth capabilities and I then turn on the blue tooth on the mobile, how do I send things to the phone from the computer? I assume I don?t get a drive letter from just putting the device in the computer. Does someone know how this would work please?

I ain't got the thing yet. I don't wanna buy the wrong thing. I was looking on Ebay 'cos they come with disks of tunes and stuff. I had thoughts of wading through tons of utilities until something works with the phone. You know, the usual thing that happens with that kind of thing from EBay.

snazz wait until you get your phone first most popular model phones with bluetooth come with a special cable thingy that you can connect to your computer with

and if it doesn't most bluetooth adaptors are compatible with most of those popular phones now

When you get your phone, If its a samsung d500 say, you need to plow thru the options in phone to switch on bluetooth, install the drivers into your computer, but first read to see if you have to install bluetooth device first b4 installing drivers, or install drivers first before bluetooth etc..

When you got them both on, the software on both computer and mobile will ask to pair these 2 devices together and ask for password, enter the same password for both devices....

It's been a whie since i set up my ngage's, so the above may not be 100% accurate, but should get you on the right lines..

Sure the bluetooth drivers will be from same company, can't remeber their name but seemed to be the only company doing them when i first got my ngages.. winbond, nah sounds similar though... Widcomm, thats it

Edited by dontasciime

Little tip - make sure you don't leave the BlueTooth connection active when your not using it ! ;) A mate of mine got some weird stuff after accepting a connection in a pub.......

True he was a plank to accept a link he didn't know but if you turn it off when not in use you won't get picked up by arseholes...... :)

you can have hours of fun sedning texts by bluetooth, specially in crowded areas .

half the fun is watching to see who received it lol.

certain nokia's have poor battery life when bluetooth is left on as well , especially symbian phones.

@snazz

nice looking phone snazz, probably the best phone nokia ever did was the slide action one "banana phone" 10 years ago, hope this is as good for you

It's gonna be a real bargain, but the seller has been off sick for two days. :-(

I would'nt leave the bluetooth on, it's just a cheap way for me to customise it and so on. I'll get back with a report when I get the damn thing. One thing is for sure, every man and his dog sells the adaptors for the PC. I'll get one from Argos, a bit dearer, but very easy to take back if it gives me any bother.

Well I have the Nokia 8800. I got an adaptor for the USB - BlueTooth connectivity and it works. Had some major shit trying to make it work without passwords, but its doing ok now.

Is there any programes out there for shink MP3s that are already on my computer? 3.5 is a bit long to store in the 64mb that's in the phone, so I think I could reduce them a bit more.

you could lower the bitrate to 96kbps but sound quality might suffer.

http://www.dirfile.com/siteredirect.php?x=...om/convanlz.exe

if your phone can play wma, you could try link above other than that get some mp3 software that you can drop the bitrate down with and convert to new bitrate etc

or if you got a symbian op in phone there will probs be a 3rd party music player that will play wma

Edited by dontasciime

just get a larger memeory card and save yourself a load of messing trying to convert and downsample

im guessing your card is a reduced size dual voltage mmc , which is what most of the new nokias come with .

in which case a 128 mb one is ?12-13 with post and a 256mb is around ?18-19 with post

if its any other sort of card it will probably be even cheaper, as the new rs-dv-mmc ones are the latest , hence the dearest

Not been through all the instructions yet, but it does have some kind of card in. I am as yet to find it. LOL

Another idea, might be to get an MP3 editor, like what you do with wavs. Is this possible ? I'll have a look later, but if someone knows better let me know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.