The Best Burner....

GDTMF

Hi!

I would really appreciate if someone can tell me, which burner they think is best, when it comes to burning DVD-R DL. I have now tried several different DL burners, but none of them can change the bitsetting I need. I need a burner, that can be confirmed to have the ability to change "DVD-R DL" to "DVD-R DL". Last drive I tried was a Lite-On SHW-160P6S. Even with the newest firmware I could only change the booktype for "DVD-R DL" to DVD-RW og DVD-ROM.

The reason is that my 360 with samsung drive and NME 1.2 wont play games burnt with other than that booktype.

If anyone has a burner that can do this, please tell me the brand and model.

Thanks in advance...

Hi!

I would really appreciate if someone can tell me, which burner they think is best, when it comes to burning DVD-R DL. I have now tried several different DL burners, but none of them can change the bitsetting I need. I need a burner, that can be confirmed to have the ability to change "DVD-R DL" to "DVD-R DL". Last drive I tried was a Lite-On SHW-160P6S. Even with the newest firmware I could only change the booktype for "DVD-R DL" to DVD-RW og DVD-ROM.

The reason is that my 360 with samsung drive and NME 1.2 wont play games burnt with other than that booktype.

If anyone has a burner that can do this, please tell me the brand and model.

Thanks in advance...

Hmmm... Im sorry for using this forum with an issus that does not directly involve Imgburn... :whistling:

Let me rephraise my question:

Which DVD-R DL burner are recommended and compatible with Imgburn and the change bitsetting feature?

Come on, send a lightning bolt this way :thumbup:

Which DVD-R DL burner are recommended and compatible with ImgBurn and the change bitsetting feature?

None

As you cannot bitset DVD-r

For DVD+r dl pioneer drives auto DVD-ROM

Liteon 20A1P and the ones after will allow DVD+R and Dual layer to DVD-ROM from the Liteon tab in ImgBurn after pressing the little book icon bottom right and you can use the Eeprom setting so that you never have to set it again.

Which DVD-R DL burner are recommended and compatible with ImgBurn and the change bitsetting feature?

None

As you cannot bitset DVD-r

For DVD+r dl pioneer drives auto DVD-ROM

Liteon 20A1P and the ones after will allow DVD+R and Dual layer to DVD-ROM from the Liteon tab in ImgBurn after pressing the little book icon bottom right and you can use the Eeprom setting so that you never have to set it again.

Tnx!

I made a mistake by writing DVD-R as it should have been DLD+R DL.

So a Liteon 20A1P can change the booktype for DVD+R DL to DVD+R DL?( I think the default setting for DVD+R DL is stated as "normal3" )

Thanks for your help....

you want to change DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM

You sure?

I have read that with Xbox 360 samsungdrive and NME images you have to use DVD+R DL bitsetting... DVD-ROM is for hitachi iXtreme....

Quote from a forum:

Sidenote:

If your Xbox360 is equipped with a Hitachi drive then you don't have to change the booktype necessarily as this one can handle the booktypes DVD+R DL and DVD-R. For Samsung drive the booktype MUST be set to DVD+R DL. Anyway we suggest to always change the booktype to DVD+R DL because what if you are going to take your legit backup to your friend to play it there and his Xbox360 is equipped with a samsung drive? It won't work there. And this is one of the main reasons to create a backup, to not to carry your expensive original game around with you and possibly damage it...

From the thread at:

http://www.rejoy.se/forum/index.php?showtopic=793

If you have Samsung Drive in Xbox-360 and NME-360 v1.0 with or limited Edition:

Download IMGBurn (http://www.imgburn.com), install and execute.

At first we have to enter the layerbreak information manually. This has to be done only once because IMGBurn

will save this setting and use it for ever untill you change it again:

TOOLS - SETTINGS - WRITE - Options (top right) - mark "User specified" - enter thevalue "1913760" into

the field below. Confirm with "OK".

Back to the mainscreen of IMGburn there is a small icon in the lower right corner which looks like a book.

Click this icon with your left mousebutton and we will be able to change the booktype manually.

A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

"Change for:" "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media)" below "New Setting:" "DVD+R DL"

click "Change" with your left mousebutton and confirm the message "SUCCESS" by clicking "OK".

Hit the "OK" button to get back to the mainscreen where you can select the iso by clicking the small folder

icon besides "please select a file...".

Choose your "game.iso" file.

Preferably change the writing speed to the speed of your media. Never write faster than your media can handle

it because you could make it a coaster. Disable "Test-Mode" and "Verifiy"

Finally insert your DVD+R DL media and press the big button to start burning.

my samsung drive requires dvd-rom however my drive is flashed but from what i have just read NME 1.2 no longer required the normal booktype

http://www.gamefreax.com/lshop,showdetail,...1150417403,.htm

the info you posted says to set booktype of +DL to +DL well why as that would be just normal and would not need changing unless previously you had set writer to booktype to DVD-ROM

my samsung drive requires dvd-rom however my drive is flashed but from what i have just read NME 1.2 no longer required the normal booktype

http://www.gamefreax.com/lshop,showdetail,...1150417403,.htm

the info you posted says to set booktype of +DL to +DL well why as that would be just normal and would not need changing unless previously you had set writer to booktype to DVD-ROM

hmm.. Your right... When I open Imgburn, the booktype also states DVD+R DL. Very strange that I cannot burn anything but coasters...

Tnx for your help..

my liteon 160p6s writes 360 games perfect which my samsung loads no problems with a booktype of DVD-ROM

Which media are you using ?

I would be changing booktype to dvd-rom on them whatever they are.

Can you post a log of a previous burn attempt

Interesting.. Is your 360 flashed with eXtreme or modded with a chip?

Im using Verbs +R DL at 2.4x

I will post a burning log, but right now im at work.

Tnx M8

extreme 4.2 (yeah old but everybackup works on it and I never use it for online) use my other 360's for online

make sure firmware is up to date mine is PS0C

http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/SHW-...re/DR16PS0B.rar

Will have to look for PS0C as liteon removed it from their site a while ago now *don't know why they removed it

[edit]

I found PS0C on my computer but people prefer the PS0B

If you try to flash to PS0B and it tells you no compatible drive let me know through PM and I will sort you out with the firmware you need to flash.

Here is a log file of a burn with my NEC burner

I 20:38:52 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 20:38:52 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:38:52 Total Physical Memory: 2.096.616 KB - Available: 1.561.720 KB

W 20:38:52 Drive K:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 20:38:52 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 20:38:52 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:38:52 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:38:52 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD±RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 21:05:30 Operation Started!

I 21:05:30 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\jesper\Dokumenter\Downloads\lcs-skate\skate.dvd

I 21:05:30 Source File Sectors: 3.762.528 (MODE1/2048)

I 21:05:30 Source File Size: 7.705.657.344 bytes

I 21:05:30 Source File Volume Identifier: XGD2DVD_NTSC

I 21:05:30 Source File Implementation Identifier: Sonic Scenarist 3.1

I 21:05:30 Source File File System(s): ISO9660; UDF (1.02)

I 21:05:30 Destination Device: [5:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A 1.01 (E:) (ATA)

I 21:05:30 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

I 21:05:30 Destination Media Sectors: 4.173.824

I 21:05:30 Write Mode: DVD

I 21:05:30 Write Type: DAO

I 21:05:30 Write Speed: 2,4x

I 21:05:30 Link Size: Auto

I 21:05:30 Test Mode: No

I 21:05:30 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 21:05:30 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1.913.760

I 21:05:30 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc

I 21:05:56 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 21:05:57 Writing LeadIn...

I 21:05:58 Writing Image... (LBA: 0 - 3762527)

I 21:05:58 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759)

I 21:25:09 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1913760 - 3762527)

I 21:44:06 Synchronising Cache...

I 21:44:07 Closing Track...

I 21:44:24 Finalising Disc...

W 21:44:55 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - No Seek Complete

I 21:45:38 Image MD5: 2345fcc9ab1651024ab39ef86d6b908b

I 21:45:38 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:40:08

I 21:45:39 Average Write Rate: 3.290 KB/s (2.4x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3.465 KB/s (2.5x)

My lite-on drive is updated succesfully with PS0B.

Im beginning to think that my chip is properly not installed correctly, and starting to think that it would be easier to get its firmware flashed instead...

But tnx for your help M8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.