Anyone with a P35 chipset motherboard and a Silicon Image (S)ATA card?

LIGHTNING UK!

I just need to know the burst rate you get off it when you've got an optical drive connected to it!

My abit IP35 Pro seems to limit them to ~23mb/s for some reason and that's not really enough for 16x burning! doh!

You can test the burst rate in cdspeed - http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Just put an original single layer DVD in the drive and press F6. The burst rate test will then start.

So the Silicon Image is a PCI addon card.

You had it in any other mobo and come to conclusion the p35 is limiting or ?

Sorry I ain't got one of those boards newest i got is 975x as I still have not decided which new mobo to buy nearly bought p35 then decided to just wait.

I got a silicon image card (did not know I had it till i found it in the cupboard, think I bought it for plextor sata drive I had but plex did not work or card did not work apart from Pio mode)

Think corny might have p35 not sure

Might have been the abit that brought your name to mind

wonder who i know that has p35 then, apart from L_UK

I think I will mess on with my 3112, think I need to flash it to IDE bios to allow optical drives. just downloaded some files might f on later.

Will phone my mate who I think knows someone with p35 but he's a lazy twat and probs pointless phoning unless your prepared to wait like 4 months for an answer.

I was gonna suggest that as I had TV tuner card on an Asus board whereby the pci latency made the card better worse depending on value (only figured that out after returning my at the time top of the range Pixel view TV tuner which I could not get to work properly and so swapped it for a win go (i think thats what it was called)(and in win go instructions it said something which pointed me to pci latency in bios which would have also made my pixel view stereo tuner card work) (instead I got stuck with a mono tv tuner card)

Thought it was an addon card you were using but searching on p35 silicon image seemed to suggest thats what it uses for sata ports built in. So did not want to say pci latency in case it made me look stupid if you replied with onboard, Saying that though your topic title does say Card

you not got option in bios to set PCI latency

Yup it was a (well, several) PCI card(s).

Nothing by Silicon Image works properly, they all run really slowly.

Onboard it just has the 6 channel ICH9R and a Jmicron 36x that does 2 e-sata and an IDE port (that I don't use).

Nope, no PCI latency option in the bios :(

strange there is no pci latency in bios, bastards have probs hidden it with a secret key press.

Its in all my bios bar one

its not in the Guru bit either ?

or does your board not have the guru thingy

First when u get in BIOS menu, press ctrl+F1. (maybe they use sim to gigabyte) to show other options.

Logical place would be pnp/pci config

Suppose the tool is good enough as long as it remembers value entered on reboot which I think that tool does.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.