Just thought I'd say Hi

kirk1701™

I think your posts would carry more sway PM if I could actually get to the end of them fella. F'in hell they must take hours a day to post......

For what it's worth Tony Martin appeared to shoot a teenage boy in the back when he was fleeing the burglary, it was well covered here in the news and whilst I have sympathies I do not condone what he did. In my mind that is manslaughter......

As for riots in the street when the Govt banned handguns/automatic weapons etc - hardly, most UK citizens never owned them anyways, the thought of owning a handgun or assault rifle doesn't make me feel safe - quite the opposite in fact. Our Countries laws differ greatly and we chose to live where want........ I don't see any reason for me to try and convince non residents to try living in England.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine what it would be like here on a Saturday night in this drug fueled, binge drinking culture if hand guns were allowed. Be like shootout at the ok corral every weekend...

The latest wheeze, I have recently found out, is stripping lead off roofs. Thanks to our Chinese friends buying up all the raw materials to keep all the poundshops in business, the price of second hand materials is going sky high.

Hell they're even pinching the telephone wires for the copper.

I don't see any reason for me to try and convince non residents to try living in England.

Too late now :D

edit: I put ok coral -

Edited by Altercuno

Coral's OK - it's even nice!

Guns, on the other hand, suck.

Regards

You mean Corel? :whistling:

I'm with Blu though in that politics and religion really don't belong on tech boards, but being such a big part of our lives it's hard for a few topics to arise if even by mistake. As for talk hosts, the only one I follow is Howard Stern.

Brevity has never been one of my strong suits--as my wife'll tell you.

I was, when I wrote the comment about the confiscation of handguns, thinking of something Dr. Johnson wrote (and I paraphrase):

"No matter how mean or humble, no matter if the roof leaks, or the walls do not keep out the winds, the government may not enter a man's house without a warrant."

I tried to find the exact quote, but my Collier's collection of English Literature has gone MIA.

I think your posts would carry more sway PM if I could actually get to the end of them fella. F'in hell they must take hours a day to post......

For what it's worth Tony Martin appeared to shoot a teenage boy in the back when he was fleeing the burglary, it was well covered here in the news and whilst I have sympathies I do not condone what he did. In my mind that is manslaughter......

As for riots in the street when the Govt banned handguns/automatic weapons etc - hardly, most UK citizens never owned them anyways, the thought of owning a handgun or assault rifle doesn't make me feel safe - quite the opposite in fact. Our Countries laws differ greatly and we chose to live where want........ I don't see any reason for me to try and convince non residents to try living in England.

Bastards are stealing air conditioners here for the copper. Literally ripping entire HVAC units off of roofs and either carrying them away lock-stock and barrel or ripping the copper off of them rendering them null and void.

They even hit the Salvation Army and a homeless shelter/soup kitchen kind of thing. All to get some cash to score dope. Degenerates.

Can you imagine what it would be like here on a Saturday night in this drug fueled, binge drinking culture if hand guns were allowed. Be like shootout at the ok corral every weekend...

I know anti-self-defense activists (so-called "gun control" proponents; what they really want to criminalize is self-defense) who love to quote the fact that there are some many more murders in the US.

What they fail to mention is that Britain has a higher overall violent crime rate than we do! London is actually more dangerous than New York City (the latter's murder rate has dropped by 2/3rds over the last ten yrs; in fact all violent crime has been dropping; why? violent criminals are FINALLY being given REAL sentences!).

A few months back I read an article in an English magazine (what it was doing in my hair stylist's salon I don't know) by a woman who husband was stabbed to death. It seems that "knife-crime" (I think that's the phrase) has gone up dramatically since the handgun ban.

The latest wheeze, I have recently found out, is stripping lead off roofs. Thanks to our Chinese friends buying up all the raw materials to keep all the poundshops in business, the price of second hand materials is going sky high.

Hell they're even pinching the telephone wires for the copper.

I don't see any reason for me to try and convince non residents to try living in England.

Too late now :D

edit: I put ok coral -

Guns are tools.

And, just like any other tool, it's their use that's good or bad, safe or dangerous. The law explains it best: "intent follows the bullet."

If we are judging tools by the harm they cause, and the evil or negligent uses to which they are put, the automobile should be banned tonight. It's far and away more dangerous than firearms.

Properly trained gun owners, just like properly trained drivers, are far safer than their opposite.

Coral's OK - it's even nice!

Guns, on the other hand, suck.

Regards

It's basically the same as the law here in the US. Obviously there are variations amongst the states and the Federal government. Unlike the United Kingdom, the US is not a unitary state (tho' the Far Left is trying as hard as it can to make it so).

My state's statute (Nevada Revised Statutes) NRS 200.200 Killing in self-defense. If a person kills another in self-defense, it must appear that:

1. The danger was so urgent and pressing that, in order to save his own life, or to prevent his receiving great bodily harm, the killing of the other was absolutely necessary; and

2. The person killed was the assailant, or that the slayer had really, and in good faith, endeavored to decline any further struggle before the mortal blow was given.

NRS 200.120 “Justifiable homicide” defined. Justifiable homicide is the killing of a human being in necessary self-defense, or in defense of habitation, property or person, against one who manifestly intends, or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against any person or persons who manifestly intend and endeavor, in a violent, riotous, tumultuous or surreptitious manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein.

NRS 200.130 Bare fear insufficient to justify killing; reasonable fear required. A bare fear of any of the offenses mentioned in NRS 200.120, to prevent which the homicide is alleged to have been committed, shall not be sufficient to justify the killing. It must appear that the circumstances were sufficient to excite the fears of a reasonable person, and that the party killing really acted under the influence of those fears and not in a spirit of revenge.

If anyone's interested here's the link: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html#NRS200Sec120

Though our two systems have grown apart since even before the Revolution, two basic things remains the same in both systems: precedent (i.e. judge made law) and the jury system (as the finder of fact).

I do find one thing that the Blair Ministry did highly, highly disturbing: it had the law changed so that judges can instruct juries that a defendant's failure to testify can be construed as a sign of guilt (that is his invocation of what we call the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, y'all call it the "right to silence", which dates back, I believe, to the Bill of Rights of 1689).

Here is, so far as I can tell, the official position on self defense in the UK...

CPS

Edit: got the link wrong....

also nice pics blu...

Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.