Problems with burning DL+R Media!

JamieThompson90

Ever since I mentioned DVDShrink all replies have concentrated on that program's deficiencies. Now in my original post I wrote that I have had 100% success with HP and Memorex discs - a claim that I was taken to task for - but that I could not burn DL discs with ImgBurn because it expected a layer break when none of my other burn programs required it. So far nothing has changed that. It was suggested that I burn the files instead of an ISO because somehow DVDShrink was corrupting the ISO. Well I just tried that, twice, with two different projects. On neither project was DVDShrink used. ImgBurn complained about the layer break on both. It even complained that one project would not fit on a DL disc (not true, it fits fine). Both projects burned fine and verified fine and played back fine when burned with Nero.

Folks, I have to say that the weak link in my mind is not DVDShrink but ImgBurn, at least when it comes to DL disks. Granted, I am not a scientific tester but neither do I have the inclination, resources or time to be one. All I want it the ability to rip a movie, edit it in a variety of ways and burn it back to disk and I've found ways to do that with a variety of tools, including ImgBurn. I've done this in over 700 projects. Perhaps all who swear by Verbatim and ImgBurn are following a certain methodology that yields successful results for them. That's fine but there are also many ways to skin a cat and it seems I've found a chink in ImgBurn's armor. Is anyone willing to consider that? And if that's the case wouldn't ImgBurn ultimately benefit from that discussion?

There is no chink in ImgBurn armour , sorry mate but that lies with your methodology.

If I take a dual layer and get the files to any one my my computers and then get ImgBurn to build it always asks me where I would like the layerbreak or rather offers me a choice so that I can best judge to place the layerbreak it then burns my disc with 100% playback based on my choices.

So take files of dual layer , everything from disc in file mode, then build an iso with ImgBurn and write = 100% playback

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.