Changing Focus Window on Completion of Burn

barakandl

I like to play games in fullscreen while i burn dvd images in the background. My issues is that upon completion of a burn ImgBurn becomes the focus window and alt tabs me out of the game. Is there a setting or way to make ImgBurn not become the focus window. I poured through the settings but did not notice anything.

• 2 weeks later...
This isn't intentional, it's just something that seems to happen when the MessageBox is displayed.

Can I assume it also happens if you minimise ImgBurn whilst playing your game? How about if you minimise it to the system tray?

Yes it happens if it is in the system tray as well.

As an interesting note... If i tell ImgBurn to verify after the burn it does not do the change focus even though it pops a similar message box up.

PS. Thanks for making such a simple non bloated free img burning utility! This is a minor issue and beats paying for / using a non legitimate version of alcohol 120% or nero (super bloated now adays).

After more research (and getting owned in War3 DOTA on a focus change :) ) The only time the message box given by ImgBurn changes windows focus is in a burn completed with no verify or anything after it. Just tested it on a 2nd pc and same issue comes up.

If i do anything else with img burn its completion message box doesnt change focus.... weird

My solution. Just doing a verify if im burning while games are being played in the background :).

This may be something out of his control. I was using Winspector to try and see if it was possible to get the handle to the current file text for another thread and while there I decided to play with some of the other windows that were pre created like the option windows, RW Erase Windows, Error prompts, etc.

I set a few of them to have a Visible style (which made the normally hidden window visible). Normally this would just show the window as any other window...but I noticed when doing it that something else was taking control too and putting the main ImgBurn window to the foreground on top of all my other windows. C++ Builder appears to use some type of subclassing and an "engine" to render its windows the way it wants. Most I made visible didn't have anything drawn on them yet. It didn't appear to use many actual controls either other than progressbars and some types of image buttons.

Everything seemed to be controlled by its "engine" too as some things like Close buttons and such which should function no matter what as they are part of the Default message processing of Windows were unresponsive too since the "engine" didn't see them as real/current windows I guess it ignored messages they sent. So, unless there is some way of telling it not to auto focus like it does it will keep doing it. It could be something to do with text wrote to log/window in a different way on when verify is checked or not causing the focus. Maybe in one case, the window draws text during the msgbox showing and in another it may finish updating the window before the msgbox is displayed, so doesn't steal focus...

Edited by weisborg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.