Do I need a DL

mjorr88

When I rent movies from the video store and read them to my computer as ISO they are about 7.8GB or so. I just came across another burned DVD that my computer says is a DVD-ROM(but the disc is a DVD-r) and it is like a movie you would get at a store(has menu screens) but its only 4.6GB and when I put it in my drive imgburn reads it and says that it came from DVD Shrink(I have it as well). So I thought I could use a DL and it would work turns out my drive doesnt burn DL. how do i burn all my 7.8GB ISO files without buying a new burner. I tried compressing the files with Winzip and it will only compress it a few hundred kilobytes. And I haven't figured out how to "shrink" a DVD with DVD Shrink. I keep getting an error message that reads 'open failed: requested path not found'. What does a layer break mean? is it the difference between the movie and the menu screen? The DVD-ROM is the new HP 5 and it plays in all my dvd players but not on my computer. I guess what I'm asking is how do I fit my 7.8GB ISO onto a 4.7GB dvd-r?