Need help re: Backing up DVD's!

Saltii

Hi, I'm really very new to the world of backing up my DVD's and I am having a bit of trouble. This technique was working for me last week when I backed up my copy of Scrubs Season 6 and my copy of Chuck and Larry.

I used DVD Decrypter and saved the ISO file to my C: drive.

I then mounted the image in Virtual DAEMON manager and ran DVD Shrink 3.2.

I then used Nero to burn the image to a DVD. This worked for the above mentioned titles.

Today i sat down to start backing up some more of my collection and it just isn't working. I have attempted this process on four different titles. Everything seems to be going fine. Decrypter runs fine, i mount the image and run it through DVD shrink and then head into Nero to burn it. It begins to burn and all seems well. It finishes and ejects the disk. I place the disk back in and it does not auto load and my D: simply says CD-Rom Drive instead the normal title of the disk etc. My DVD player in the lounge does not load the disk either, eventually timing out.

Can anyone offer me any advice? A better technique for backing up or just some pointers on my current technique.

The DVD's that I am using (which worked for Chuck and Larry last week) are not very good but they did work.

They are Tech IQ DVD+R Recordable DVD 16x/4.7gb single sided. I paid $49 for 100 ( to give some idea of the quality)

My DVD drive is: D: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D [DVD]

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is really starting to become very frustrating!

Thanks,

Saltii.

Edited by Saltii

Sorry, but we don't give assistance on DVD decyption or backup. ImgBurn is a burning tool.

In respect of burning, remember to use good quality media - Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, ensure your firmware is up to date, DMA is on, and burn at no more than 8x. If you have a burning issue - see the pink bit at the top.

As for your media, I've not heard of it. What is the media ID code? Pop a blank into ImgBurn, switch to write mode and copy and paste the stuff in the top right pane.

Regards

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.41 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2,295,104

Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes

Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: MBIPG101-R05-01

Book Type: DVD+R

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: MBIPG101-R05-01

Book Type: DVD+R

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Thanks for the advice :)

I paid $49 for 100 ( to give some idea of the quality)

You've already been told that you have a stack of low grade media, and I don 't mean to pile on, but this statement makes me think you think you paid a low price for low quality media. You didn't. If you can get a refund from whoever peddled you this junk, do so.

You can get a 100 pack of Verbatims from Amazon for $37.51 delivered. I'm sure they can be got for less, that is just the first place I checked.

Don't try salvaging what you have. Write it off as tuition, and put them in the trash if you can't return them. If you try using them you will never know if your problem is your method or your media, and unless you are using good media you are not likely to get any truly good help or advice on this or any other forum.

For what its worth, I am a true cheapskate. I don't do a lot of burning, but when my pile of blanks gets down to 12 or so, I keep my eyes out for a good deal on a new supply. Good places to check: Amazon, buy.com, newegg.com. If you have stores near you, Microcenter or Inkstop. Inkstop had and may still have Verbatims for $10/50pack. Don't bother burning if you are unwilling to use and pay for quality media; there is too much that can go wrong and too much time invested.

Edited by farmboy

Most play either, some of the older prefer -r but all are required to play dvd-rom discs...you can change the booktype on +r to dvd-rom, but you cannot change the booktype of -r to it....I use whichever are on sale...but only TY or Verbs. :thumbup:

Awesome, I think ill try and return these horrible blanks i brought and pick up a stack of Verbatims. Thanks for the advice :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.