CPU spikes?

rds_correia

Hi guys,

I read the pink box, did all that but unfortunately didn't come up with a solution.

I've never payed too much attention to the DVDInfo files that Imgburn can generate.

Last night I noticed that some days ago I have enabled generating *.ibg files after burning.

So I was taking a look at them when I got very upset with the blue Write CPU% line reaching so close to 100% for 4 times during encoding.

Am I right or am I reading this graph all wrong?

Actually I'd say that line is averaging a very high value, right?

I have checked and both my IDE interfaces have DMA enabled.

Unfortunately yesterday I also erased the logfile so I can't give more info at this time.

I will be more careful next time when I burn another disc to see if the cpu spikes are still there so that I can post a pic and a log file.

But in the meantime I'd like to hear your comments :).

Cheers

PS: Could it be the Anti-virus eating up CPU at that moment in time?

I use AOL's McAfee Special Edition and I can't find a "pause" button anywhere on it so that I can stop the on access scanner during burning process.

post-1879-1199276425_thumb.png

rds;

I find that I generally run btw. 20-90% usage without incident. I would suggest, however, that you do a Google for a program called 'EndItAll 2' and install it. I use it to stop/kill everything but the basic processes necessary to run the machine before I do any form of burning. I don't believe that surfing the web, doing a report or playing a game is more important than making the absolute best burn that I can of whatever data I may be burning at the time. :thumbup:

although the spikes may worry you, cpu spiking doesnt seem to have a bad effect on the burn, i forgot to turn seti off on this burn and it uses around 100% cpu most of the time and the scan of the burn was just fine, take a look here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=59493

Excellent piece of advise.

Thanks spinningwheel :thumbup:

although the spikes may worry you, cpu spiking doesnt seem to have a bad effect on the burn, i forgot to turn seti off on this burn and it uses around 100% cpu most of the time and the scan of the burn was just fine, take a look here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=59493

Interesting finding cornholio7...

I wish my drive LG could output PIPO like your's so that we could compare.

There ain't anything similar to DVDInfo for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A117 (ATA) drives, right?

Cheers

Edited by rds_correia

No problem corny, I think we covered all the bases anyway as the question seemed a little tricky. LOL

As far as drives go, if you have SATA connections, the Samsung 203B is a strong contender as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.