imgBurn crashed while burning DVD+DL

xeper

Hi,

Had a problem today burning a Dual Layer DVD, I was using a little bit older version 2,2 and was burning and image file through a *.dvd wich had the layer brake set, and on 27% imgburn had crashed, crashing my pc so i was in no position of copying the log and posting it here. The dvd writer i have is PLEXTOR 740A, now i know that maybe because i didn't had latest version at the moment. But now i am afraid of burning a dl dvd with newest version because i have screwd 2 dvd's already. They are expensive. Other one has been corrupted while i was burning with clone CD (almost newest version) - it told me that it didn't support my dvd recorder after starting burning and made it all the way to 9% untill it stalled and i was recording for an hour at 9% until i shut it down brutally. (imgburn made it to 27 or 28 percent when it crashed). Is it because my DVD-drive is bad or that i have faulty hardware problems or because the software doesn't suport my PX-740A or the image file is corrupted. Please help. I bought this DVD writer 3 years back. And didn't had any single problem with it until i tried burning DL DVD.

Thank you for your attention.

P.S. the error message seemed to be critical as it DID NOT display anything in a log file, it just outputed a really large error window that had lots of prefexis and memmory adresses of somesort, and stalled my pc. If it will help i am usng ASUS P5N32-e SLI MB with 800mhz fsb RAM. (few months back i had updated my MB BIOS).

Edited by xeper

Search and see the guides.

1. Update firmware

2. Use only Verbatim DL +R 2.4X blanks made in Singapore

3. Check DMA is on

4. There's always a log to post. Open ImgBurn and go to help menu

5. Update your ImgBurn - we no longer support v2.2

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.